Everything You Want to Know About the Royal Wedding

Is it time for another royal wedding? I can hear the wedding bells ringing already, and I’m having flashbacks to waking up at 4 in the morning to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton tie the knot. Now it’s the younger Prince’s turn to take the spotlight with his bride to be, Meghan Markle, an American actress and humanitarian. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were set up on a blind date (okay seriously how does one get “set up” with a prince?) by mutual friends (also who has mutual friends with a prince?). They immediately hit it off and after their first drink together, they knew they were going to have to figure out how to stay together.

BBC conducted an interview where the couple revealed that they didn’t know much about one another before they met, even though they’ve both been in the public eye for quite a while. Markle is from Los Angeles and never really paid much attention to the royal family.Prince Harry had never tuned in to her TV show, Suits, or any of her movies so he was in the dark as well. Markle only knew what she had heard about him from the tabloids, but didn’t have a true sense of what he was like. They were strangers when they met, going through the same process of getting to know each other as anyone on a blind date. But the first two dates were apparently magical as they traveled to Botswana immediately after and “camped under the stars”.

Now that you know their backstory, it’s time to get to the good stuff: the wedding! As we know, the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge said their vows at Westminster Abbey and more than two billion people watched it around the world! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are going to do things differently by marrying at Windsor Castle in Berkshire.

Courtesy: CNN

If you want to tune into this royal wedding, Mark(le) your calendars for May 19, or score an invitation to the ceremony if you can, I’ll be there (in spirit). After they get married, there will be a procession outside of Windsor Castle that will continue on High Street and lead back to the castle, which will be a relatively short route. They will then carry on with receptions and gatherings with family and friends!

In many interviews and in pictures I’ve seen on the internet, the couple looks ecstatic to get married. Maybe because they have to look in love for the media, but I think this love is genuine. Markle seems like a genuine and eloquent woman to be added to the royal family as she is known for her role as a humanitarian. Congratulations to the happy couple!

As a rising senior at Florida State University, Jenna loves to play Ultimate Frisbee, write, run, read, edit and everything in between. She is a current Lifestyle intern at Her Campus in Boston and is currently discovering the city girl she never knew she was. She is so open to new people and experiences and is excited to see what the world has to offer. Also, dogs. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.