Everything You Need to Know About the Tommy x Gigi Fashion Show

Last week Tommy x Gigi broke the Internet, debuting Tommy Hilfiger’s Spring 2017 line in Los Angeles. The show was broadcasted throughout social media: it had its own story on Snapchat while pictures and videos immediately appeared all over Instagram and other online channels.

Courtesy: Hapers Bazaar

The show had a very unique and casual vibe: the Venice Boardwalk served as the runway and a performance by Fergie followed. The area was also set up resembling a carnival. The rides, pop-ups and food trucks all contributed to the ambiance.

Gigi said that her inspiration for the show had a lot to do with where she grew up: by the Santa Monica Pier. When thinking of ideas for her line, she thought about what she would wear to the park or the beach. She also expressed that she wanted the show to be a fun and welcoming atmosphere in order to make fashion less exclusive than it typically is.

Courtesy: US Magazine

The guest list was nothing short of star-studded. Lady Gaga, Kristen Stewart, and Rachel Zoe sat front row and, of course, the entire Hadid family was also in attendance to support Gigi’s relatively new collaboration with Tommy Hilfiger..

In true Tommy Hilfiger fashion, the line maintained a very all-American theme, consisting of a lot of denim and bold reds and blues.

The model lineup was also filled with big names such as Joan Smalls, Hailey Baldwin, and Bella and Gigi Hadid themselves. The entire show can be watched online at usa.tommy.com. The looks can be saved and shopped immediately—right off the runway.

Courtesy: USA Today

There is no doubting that the show, dubbed the name Tommyland, made a big splash in the fashion world last week, especially being that it was held in Los Angeles just before New York Fashion Week.

As Gigi made an entrance walking first in the show, she made quite the exit as well. With a bouquet of flowers in her hand, given to her by her brother Anwar, Gigi slipped into the back of Lady Gaga’s white Rolls Royce. Ladies, that’s how you make an exit.

Courtesy: USA Today

Megan is a freshman at Florida State University studying Retail Merchandising. She is originally from Miami, FL, but dreams of living in New York. In her spare time she enjoys writing, blogging, watching Grey's Anatomy reruns, and all things fashion. Twitter: meganmaguire_ Instagram: meggmaguiree
Her Campus at Florida State University.