Style > Beauty

Everything You Need To Know About Skincare Youtubers

From sunscreens to chemical exfoliants, it’s so easy to get confused and wonder what products work, don’t work, are worth the money, worth the hype and so much more. Here are 5 YouTube channels created by brilliant people who know and love skincare, and can help you along the journey of finding the perfect skincare regime. 

Skincare morning routine
Kevin Laminto

Skincare By Hyram 

If you don’t know who Hyram is by now, you are much better at controlling the time you spend online than I am. He has taken over the skincare world while continuing to be as humble as possible in the limelight. As a skincare specialist, Hyram uses his YouTube platform to simplify ingredients, share tips and tricks, “rate” other’s routines and to overall entertain. He even does routine reviews on his TikTok page! If you’re new to the skincare world, this is the place to start. 

Dr. Dray

Dr. Dray is a dermatologist who shares her insight on YouTube and Instagram. She gets continuous shoutouts from other YouTube skincare junkies like Cassandra and Hyram and even video reviews by Susan! She knows more about skin than you can ever imagine and does the most helpful Q&As on both her YouTube channel and over on her Instagram. Dr. Dray covers some topics, such as Keratosis Pilaris, from a medical standpoint that normally you wouldn’t get from a lot of others. Her information is always backed by facts and incredibly reliable. 

Cassandra Bankson 

Cassandra is a medical esthetician with an insane amount of knowledge. From critiquing daytime and nighttime routines of celebrities to sitting down and giving us fun science lessons, she knows everything about skin and skincare. Check out her videos to learn her technique of “turn and learn” if you’re interested in learning about what exactly is in your everyday products. Being that Cassandra herself dealt with cystic acne for most of her life, she knows what works and what doesn’t and most importantly, why. She’ll tell you how it is. 

Beauty Within

Felicia Lee and Rowena Tsai are two of my favorite skincare queens on the internet. With Felicia having your typical oily skin and Rowena having dry skin, they both bring so much to the table that everyone can relate to. My favorite videos of theirs are the ones where they breakdown what certain products are, step by step, giving us a better idea of what can and will work for our skin. They utilize images for us to understand our skin and the process of what ingredients do and why we even have certain acne, to begin with. 

Mixed Makeup

Susan Yara is a beautiful and bubbly skincare guru. On her channel, she brings in dermatologists and personal experience to culminate in some of the most entertaining and informational videos. She even takes the time to create the perfect routine for her followers here and there which ends up being helpful for everyone. Susan reviews countless products and gives her honest opinion so that we don’t have to put our skin through the harsh process of figuring it out by ourselves. 

All in all, each and everyone one of these channels puts in the time, energy and money to find what products and ingredients are the best for our skin so that we can thrive with beautiful, glowy skin while loving our skin even through breakouts! It’s more than just surface level, it is how we treat our bodies inside and out and how we learn to love ourselves. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Hi! I'm Alexa and I am a junior here at Florida State University. I am majoring in English - specializing in Editing, Writing and Media and minoring in Communications. I am so excited to be a new Staff Writer here at Her Campus!
Her Campus at Florida State University.