Everything You Need to Know About This Season of “The Bachelor”

*Warning: Spoilers ahead!*

If you haven’t been watching this season of The Bachelor, you should start ASAP! Not only is there drama, entertainment, and alcohol-induced humor (thanks, Tia) but our eligible man in question is VERY beautiful. *Swoons*

The former racecar driver is 36 years old and may look a little familiar to some of you Bachelor Nation veterans. He was on Emily’s season of the show six years ago. After tragically getting sent home days after confessing his love to her, Arie is back as an older, wiser and somewhat tamer version of himself. With his racing days behind him, Arie now focuses on building his career as a real estate agent for upscale homes in the Scottsdale, Arizona area, which one of his prospective ladies got the chance to visit during a one-on-one date.

Speaking of dates, this season has already had some memorable moments! On the very first one-on-one date, Arie surprised Becca K. with her own personal styling session by Rachel Zoe. Snagging the rose that night, Becca, who has somehow managed to stay out of the drama so far, is looking like a strong contender for Arie’s heart.

While we’re talking about drama, did I mention we already have a villain for the season? No one could ever compare to my girl Corinne Olympios from Nick Viall’s season, but Krystal the fitness coach is certainly up there. The 29-year-old from Montana seems to have Arie under her spell, but her fellow contestants aren’t so easily fooled. Going face to face against Bibiana in the second episode, Krystal has also managed to strike the chords of Tia, Caroline and Bekah M. (just to name a few). Her voice, which I can only describe as sounding like nails on a chalkboard, makes me want to vomit every time she talks about how much stronger her connection is with Arie than the other girls’. However, this week the competition seemed to be taking a toll on her as she claimed she is “so above this.”

Tia decided to take the group date as a chance to call Krystal out on her “playing the victim” tactic. You gotta love it. In fact, Tia ended up winning that night and came out of it with the group date rose. As a good friend of fan-favorite Raven from Nick’s season, it’s no wonder that Tia has all of us, including Arie, rooting for her.

Some other honorable mentions from this season so far include Bekah M., a 22-year-old hoping that the 14-year age gap between her and Arie won’t stop her quest for love. Chelsea, a single mother, almost got herself on the list of villains as well by being a little too aggressive right off the bat. As the episodes have gone by, she’s seemed to mellow out, but don’t ever accuse this former model of “glam-shaming” another girl. Finally, we have Kendall, who is only slightly obsessed with taxidermy. As in, obsessed enough to bring a stuffed otter with her to the mansion and introduce it to Arie…yeah, that happened.

If all of that isn’t enough to make you want to hurry up and watch so you know what the heck I’m talking about, I don’t know what is. And don’t worry! If you miss a night of the madness, you can meet me back here every Monday for a recap of last week’s episode before tuning in at 8 p.m. on ABC to watch the newest mess of drama, heartbreak and hysteria. See you next week!

Lauren graduated from FSU in the spring of 2021. She is now an Associate Communications and Employee Engagement consultant at Forty1, a division of The Creative Engagement Agency. While at HCFSU, Lauren served as a content writer, content editor, managing editor, and editor in chief. HCXO!
Her Campus at Florida State University.