Everything You Need to Know About FSU Men’s Club Lacrosse

Kasey Lynch and Miranda Mauro (K&M) are out to prove that sports aren’t just for the male gender. Every week we will be giving you updates on what’s going on in the sports world as well as our own perspective on sports-related topics. “Two Girls and Some Sports” is taking the sports column to the next level. And yes, we know what we’re talking about.

Florida State University does not have a D1 men’s lacrosse team, but we do have a club team. This club takes lacrosse and club sports to a different level of play. The FSU men’s lacrosse team plays most of their games right here at home. They’ve had only four away games this season, and are going on a 13-game win streak with four draws and only one loss. Since FSU does not have a sanctioned team, the club team takes the sport of lacrosse to another level. They hold tryouts every year and they practice five days a week year-round. The team is composed of approximately 45 people and the fall practice schedule entails practicing the sport two days a week and weight training two days a week.

Courtesy: Florida Lacrosse News

In the spring, which is when their season begins, they practice five times a week and play in 30 full games. The team is registered with the Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association and their conference is the SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference. With Head Coach Matt Doyle and Assistant Coach Sean Neary, the Noles have kept up a competitive level of play. Some of their regular opponents consist of UF, UCF, USF, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Ole Miss and Samford. This past weekend the Noles went on the road to Maryland to play Boston College and Virginia Tech, scoring a win against Boston College 11-9 and a draw with Virginia Tech.

Courtesy: FSU Lacrosse

The team also hosts lacrosse camps for boys aged 8-18. On June 21-23, boys can come use the FSU facilities and gain experience from the college players and coaches. It is a good opportunity for older kids to see if they want to be a part of the FSU program or not. The camp includes games and tournament play. Another cool part of this camp is that kids can choose to either stay in the FSU dorms or commute to the fields every day.

You can catch the team’s final game against UF this Friday, April 15 at 7 p.m. right here in Tallahassee. 

Hello all! My name is Kasey and I am currently an English and Media Communications double major here at Florida State. I have been with Her Campus for over a year now and write for the sports column called "Two Girls and Some Sports." I love ESPN and everything outdoors. Traveling is also a very important aspect of my life! I am infamous for binge watching Netflix, making cookies and playing volleyball any chance I get.
Her Campus at Florida State University.