If you thought that the Elsa and Anna plot was over, you thought wrong. The directors of the original hit movie Frozen, Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, set out to create a sequel to the successful and record-breaking first movie. Disney wouldn’t want to let it go after the critical and financial success that came out of the first film back in 2013.

On Feb. 12, fans of the original Disney movie were shocked to see the release of a teaser trailer for the upcoming film that is expected to be released on Nov. 22 of this year.

A lot of information about the content of the sequel has remained unknown to the public thus far; however, some rumors have circulated throughout the internet guessing its plot. Some people have indicated that the movie is meant to focus more on Elsa and her learning to use her powers in a more effective way than in the first movie. There is also speculation of an unknown villain being introduced.

Other rumors spread indicated that fans might be able to look forward to a love story for Olaf as well as a storyline that follows the idea of Elsa and Anna not being biological sisters. Fans online have been discussing how this might have impacted their relationship in the past movie and in the new movie.

Courtesy: Screen Rant

Now that fans have heard about the release of the second movie, many have been hoping for an LGBTQ+ plotline insisting that Elsa develop a romantic relationship with another girl in the sequel. No indication of this relationship being part of the actual plot line has been mentioned by the directors; however, in the teaser trailer released, an unknown brown-haired female character was shown on-screen. This character is going to be voiced by Evan Rachel Wood.

Fans took to Twitter after hearing the news and theorized that this new character is going to be Elsa’s new girlfriend. No one on the Frozen writing staff or directing team has confirmed or denied any of this information, nor have they commented on it. Other fans are skeptical of the idea; they argue that the character shown in the trailer is too young to be the significant other of Elsa. Other opinions include that Disney is not likely to follow through with giving Elsa a girlfriend.

Regardless of the theories and rumors, Frozen 2 is undoubtedly going to be a success in the box offices. Because of the popularity of the first movie, due to its likable characters and intriguing plot, people are likely to continue to support anything Frozen related. Records have already been broken; the teaser trailer for Frozen 2 received 116.4 million views in 24 hours, breaking the record for most viewed animation trailer.    

Corrine Bresky is a first year studying criminology and psychology at Florida State university. She is from Port Charlotte, FL, the hometown of the most retirement homes (or at least that’s what it feels like to her). She is often compared to the famous actress Kathryn Hahn, and Corrine can often be found rollerblading ferociously between her classes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.