Disney recently announced a plethora of details surrounding their new streaming service, Disney+. The service will include movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, National Geographic and Star Wars. According to their website, for $6.99 a month and $69.99 per year, it will be available starting Tuesday, Nov. 12. When it launches, there will also be a bundle package available with Hulu (with ads) and ESPN for $12.99 a month. Keeping to their family-friendly brand, nothing will be rated R. Disney is making everything downloadable, unlike their competitors who only allow some content to be downloaded to watch without Wi-Fi—and you can keep the downloaded content for an unlimited amount of time as long as you are a subscriber. You can also watch on up to 10 mobile or tablet devices, with no limits as to the number of times a title can be downloaded per year.

Unlike popular streaming services like Netflix who release new seasons as a whole for binge-watching, Disney will be releasing episodes weekly. A single account can have up to seven profiles, and subscribers can stream at the same time on up to four registered devices with no extra cost.

Courtesy: Digital Trends

With the reveal of the MCU’s phase four, it will continue through the service which sees both movies and television shows co-existing with one another for the first time ever. With the introduction of shows like and What If…? and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the next phase is set to swing into motion starting launch day. Another major franchise that will be included to stream is Star Wars. All the Star Wars movies will be on there including the introduction of the new show The Mandalorian, a live-action show set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. The show will debut the day of the launch on Nov. 12.

Courtesy: Attractions Magazine

Disney also plans to introduce a new series based on Monsters, Inc. called Monsters at Work, with returning voices of John Goodman and Billy Crystal reprising their roles as best friends Mike and Sulley. The Simpsons will also join Disney in light of the Disney and Fox merger. All 30 seasons of the show will be available to stream. High School Musical: The Musical: The Series will also be available through the streaming service involving a new set of characters where the main character Ricky attempts to win over his ex-girlfriend by starring alongside her in their school’s production of High School Musical. Unexpectedly, Disney will also be doing a reprise of Lizzie McGuire with Hilary Duff reprising her iconic role. The show will follow now 30-year-old Lizzie as she lives her dream working as an apprentice to an interior designer. And lucky for fans of the original, cartoon Lizzie is back, providing witty and funny commentary about what Lizzie is internally experiencing.

Gina Rodriguez, famous for her role as Jane in the CW’s Jane the Virgin, will also join Disney as an executive producer for a series called Diary of a Female President. This follows the story of a middle school Cuban-American girl on her journey to becoming the future president of the United States.

New movies exclusively on the streaming service will include the live-action Lady and the Tramp and Noelle, which will debut exclusively on the streaming service on Nov. 12.

National Geographic programs will also be available too with over 250 documentaries and films available to stream starting launch day. This will include an original series called The World According to Jeff Goldblum with host Jeff Goldblum exploring the interests that fascinate him.      

Disney lovers will be provided with an abundance of movies and television shows, old and new, to immerse themselves into the many worlds that Disney helps create.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Katarina is a senior at Florida State University studying Creative Writing with a double minor in Education and Communications. You can find her at your local library reading a good book or writing for her blog https://katarinamartinez13.wixsite.com/kmartinezreads As an aspiring novelist and content writer, she is always looking to spread love and joy everywhere she goes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.