Culture > News

Everything You Need To Know About Adam Driver’s New Movie Deals

In this last decade, Adam Driver has appeared in pivotal lead and supporting roles in movies like Lincoln, The Dead Don’t Die, BlacKkKlansman and The Report. However, his most recent productions, the Star Wars sequel trilogy and Marriage Story, propelled him into mass stardom, making him one of today’s most recognizable actors. Due to his successes, people around the world are looking to see what he will star in next, so here is a rundown of his confirmed upcoming projects.

Post-Production 

Anette

This film, directed by Leos Carax, was supposed to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival earlier in 2020. Due to its cancellation because of the coronavirus, the release has been postponed. The film’s release is to occur during either the Venice or Toronto Film Festivals, given they take place. Driver plays a stand-up comedian named Henry, and he falls in love with an opera singer named Ann, who is played by Marion Cotillard. This film is entirely in English, despite its French director and setting, and is entirely musical. Yes, Adam Driver does all his singing. Amazon Studios has also acquired the rights to this film, so viewers may see it on Amazon Prime not long after its release.

In Production

The Last Duel

This historical drama-thriller is set to release Oct. 15, 2021. In March, Disney suspended production on this film due to the coronavirus pandemic, which prompted the release to change from its intended date on Christmas Day in 2020. Ridley Scott directs The Last Duel and has collaborated on the screenplay with other notable actors that star in the film, like Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. The film focuses on best friends Jacques Le Gris, played by Adam Driver, and Jean de Carrouges, played by Matt Damon. After a series of events, these companions must fight to the death over allegations involving Driver’s character and Damon’s character’s wife. 

Adam Driver Paparazzi
Photo by dtstuff9 distributed under a CC BY-SA 2.0 license

To Be Filmed

Gucci

Talks have circulated the internet regarding Adam Driver’s role in Ridley Scott’s next project after The Last Duel‘s production is finished. Although Scott has not confirmed his exact spot, many reports claim Driver will join the star-studded cast, including Lady Gaga, Robert De Niro, Jared Leto and more. What we do know about the film is that it will cover the story of Patrizia Reggiani, played by Lady Gaga, who was convicted of murdering her husband, Maurizio Gucci, who is rumored to be played by Driver. As Scott’s current project comes to a close, more details revolving this film should come out to the public. 

65

This sci-fi thriller is written and produced by Scott Beck and Bryan Woods, the same duo that created A Quiet Place. For this film, they have teamed up with Sam Raimi and Sony as producers. The public found out about this movie’s existence when Beck and Woods simultaneously announced that Adam Driver would be the lead actor. They took to Twitter to share their excitement about his acceptance of the role. No aspects of the plot are confirmed, and production will begin according to Driver’s schedule and the coronavirus pandemic.

Yankee Comandante

Adam Driver is to play the starring role in this historical drama thriller directed by Jeff Nichols, who he had previously worked with in A Midnight Special back in 2016. This movie will cover the journey of William Morgan, an American with a troubled past, who went to Cuba and helped Castro gain power on the island. Once William realizes the Castro regime’s corruptness, he does what he can to stop it and defend the country, becoming a war hero to the Cuban people. Due to the coronavirus, production has been delayed and is expected to begin sometime in 2021.

It is evident Adam Driver is not slowing down his career anytime soon and is making a point on diversifying his portfolio. Be sure to keep an eye out as more information regarding production, release dates and plot details come out.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Rebecca is a student at Florida State University located in sunny Tallahassee, Florida. She is double majoring in Marketing and Management Information Systems. Rebecca enjoys going to football games, acai bowls, and finding new ways to practice growth and self-love!
Her Campus at Florida State University.