Style

Everything You Need to Know About the 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

Every year, Victoria’s Secret brings together the iconic gorgeous Angels together for their extravagant and glittery catwalk. This show is the most watched fashion event of the year with 800 million viewers tuning in and costs around $12 million dollars – which is considerably more than what most catwalks spent (around $1 million). With the casting complete and the preparation already being made, the show is coming back to the United States! Here, everything you need to know about the biggest event in November – after Thanksgiving of course.

1.    New York, New York!

This year, the Angels will return to New York where Victoria’s Secrets held its first ever fashion show back in 1995. As you probably know, last year’s show was held in Shanghai, China but had many complications such as denied visas to several women including singer Katy Perry and models Gigi Hadid, Dasha Khlystun and Irina Sharipova. The after party was also reportedly shut down before midnight by the authorities. This time, all the models will travel to the location together via the VS pink private jet.

Courtesy: Bustle

2.    It airs next month

This live runaway show takes place on Nov. 8, but it’s taped and will be air next month on Dec. 2. In the US, it will be shown on ABC Network and for non-American viewers, it will be streamed on Victoria’s Secret YouTube channel – which in 2016 attracted a record of more than 800 million viewers.

Courtesy: Oneupweb​

3.    The music lineup is better than ever

Last year, the show had five performers but this year there is a total of EIGHT! This is probably the biggest lineup so far including Bebe Rexha, The Chainsmokers, Halsey, Kelsea Ballerini, Rita Ora, Shawn Mendes, and The Struts. Last year’s catwalk in Shanghai consisted of Grammy winner Miguel, former One Directioner Harry Styles, Hamilton alum Leslie Odom Jr. and Chinese pop sensation Jane Zhang.

Courtesy: Concert Fix

4.    Gigi and Kendall are back

After missing last year’s show, the iconic duo of American models is returning to the VS Fashion Show; both models made their debuts for Victoria’s Secret in 2015. Kendall Jenner didn’t walk in Shanghai last year due to her contract with its competing lingerie brand La Perla. Reportedly, Gigi Hadid was denied visa to travel to China apparently due to a controversial Instagram video where she imitated a Buddha statue.

Courtesy: Vogue

5.    You’ll see some new faces

Winnie Harlow announced in a September Instagram post that she will debut in New York this year: “I had a break down before I walked into the most nerve-wracking [SIC] casting of my life”, she wrote in her caption. But she explained that once she got to the offices and made new friends and saw old friends, it already felt like home. Also, the first ever Filipino model Kelsey Merrit will walk the show, and more new faces like Yasmin Wijnaldum, Sadie Newman, Lorena Rae, and Duckie Thot.

Courtesy: Popsugar​

6.    The designer collaboration has been confirmed

Mary Katrantzou, Greek designer will partner with Victoria’s Secret to make a capsule collection to be debuted on the runaway. The designer is known for her colorful and mixed patterns, so we are expecting to see those signatures within the lingerie. Last year, VS showed punk-inspired looks in the runaway when they partnered with Balmain, so this year we should have really different expectations.

Courtesy: Harper’s Bazaar

Peruvian and with 18 years old, she is a junior at Florida State University majoring in Communication and minoring in Recreation and Events. She loves everything related to fashion and photography; and after graduation she aspires to put her skills and attitudes to work at a major fashion publication. Follow her on Instagram @valeeriva.
Her Campus at Florida State University.