Everything You Missed at the Her Campus FSU x L’Oréal Paris Glam Tailgate Tour

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

If you didn’t get the chance to stop by the Her Campus and L’Oréal Paris Glam Tailgate Tour on Wednesday, Nov. 8, you should consider yourself very unfortunate. I’m serious when I say that you took a major L if you weren’t in attendance. In fact, you missed out on some major makeovers, some epic freebies, and some very exclusive Instagram content because, yes, there was a GIF photo booth present. It was basically every beauty guru’s dream, complete with pink fuzzy carpets that camouflaged the sidewalk outside of the FSU bookstore paired with a seemingly endless supply of L’Oréal Paris products. Did I mention that it was all FREE? Like I said, you really had to be there!

Ladies (and gentlemen too) eagerly lined up alongside the bookstore a whole 30 minutes prior to the start of the Glam Tailgate Tour in anticipation of the festivities. Once signed in, each participant was gifted with a very handy, clear makeup bag to hold all of their goodies. They were also given the option to embellish their makeup pouches with their initials at the monogram station. Don’t think that their bags were left empty though, there was much more to come.

Awaiting the participants were several skilled stylists who were prepared to not only expertly gloss everyone’s lips with the various shades from the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints line, but to also spray each willing participant’s hair with the L’Oréal Paris Colorista Spray of their choice! The talented makeup artists helped participants choose from the variety of colors available as did the hair stylists. L’Oréal Paris provided Colorista Spray in pastel pink, vivid pink, purple, green, blue, silver, gold and the fan-favorite, rose gold. Some of the glam participants and stylists even collaborated ideas to create some pretty amazing looks that gave off major unicorn vibes. Even better, everyone got to keep a can of the Colorista Spray they used on their locks and a tube of the lip gloss that was painted on their lips!

One of the hair stylists in attendance, named Meleah, traveled all the way from Gainesville to join the L’Oréal Paris and Her Campus teams for this event! If you’re impressed by her skill with the Colorista Spray, you can check out more of her work on Instagram.

Further down the sidewalk was a photo booth that supplied a 180-degree photo-op and a myriad of props to pose with. Participants were encouraged to model with a friend and then they were able to email themselves their very own personalized GIF, perfect for every Instagram aesthetic. If students posted that GIF, or any picture from the Glam Tailgate event, with the hashtags #LorealParis and #HCXO to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook then they were allowed to choose an additional three Infallible Lip Paints. This was probably the toughest part for the participants because how does one choose only three products from the wide selection that L’Oréal Paris provides? From shades of lilac and orange to sparkly metallic takes on classic colors, L’Oréal Paris had it all.

It was a day full of glitz and glam and every visitor, no doubt, left with glossed lips, tinted hair, and a bag filled to the brim with cosmetic treasure. Huge thanks go out to L’Oréal Paris and everyone from Her Campus who made this event possible!

*All images courtesy of Her Campus FSU. 

Tawnie Simpson is a Senior Editing, Writing, and Media student at Florida State University. She enjoys (needs) a good cup of cold brew, she comes from a small town nobody knows called "about an hour south of Tampa" and she is often mistaken for 10-year-old Lindsay Lohan, but she's not complaining.
Her Campus at Florida State University.