Everything That’s Happening With the Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde Love Triangle

The new year has brought a new couple into the spotlight. A certain love triangle between a long-term Hollywood couple and a fan favorite ex-boyband member has been drawing significant attention and making headlines in the past couple of weeks. In short, Olivia Wilde separated from her seven-year partner Jason Sudeikis at some point last year. The reason it has stirred up so much commotion in tabloids comes from Wilde’s transition into a new relationship almost immediately after the split to one of the most renowned solo male artists in the music industry, 26-year-old Harry Styles. Of course, fans and reporters were quick to dig into the drama and speculate on how all of it went down.

Olivia Wilde, 36, and Jason Sudeikis, 45, had been in an ongoing engagement from 2013 to 2020. The pair also share two young children, six-year-old Otis and four-year-old Daisy. Both had been previously married before their engagement. The Booksmart director and former Saturday Night Live comedian had met at a finale party for SNL in 2011 and hit it off. Wilde had even called Sudeikis the “great love of [her] life.”

There are conflicting reports from US Weekly sources on when the split occurred. While some claim Wilde and Sudeikis called the relationship off way before it was officially announced in November of last year, others say it did not come to an end until Styles entered the picture. After Wilde and Styles were both cast in the upcoming film, Don’t Worry Darling, it was said by another source that they “had chemistry almost instantaneously on set” and that “it was only a matter of time before they got together.”

Scrabble tiles that spell out love
Photo by Jude Beck from Unsplash
At first, Sudeikis and Wilde’s separation remained mostly private and did not draw much publicity as they handled it themselves and prioritized their kids. It was after Styles and Wilde were photographed holding hands at Jeffrey Azoff’s wedding ceremony early this month when the split began gaining the media’s attention. Styles was also officiating his manager’s ceremony and referred to Wilde as his girlfriend. It did not take long for Styles’ massive young fanbase to blow up the news.

Since the production of the film began in the fall of 2020, which is right around the time the split was announced, people were quick to assume Styles had something to do with the decision. There continues to be an ongoing argument between fans and different sources on whether that claim is true or not, but there seems to be one conclusion everyone can agree on: Sudeikis wants her back.

While images of the happy couple have been spreading across the internet, Sudeikis has also been making headlines himself with his choice words and opinions on the matter. A source revealed to US Weekly that Sudeikis is “desperate” to win Wilde back to, “repair their family.” According to a Cosmopolitan article, Sudeikis has his fingers crossed that his ex will, “snap out of it or that Harry will get bored and move on before too long,” preferring to call their relationship just a phase that will soon pass.

Whether Sudeikis is right about Wilde and Styles’ relationship being a phase or not, the couple’s spotlight is likely not going anywhere anytime soon. Fans are certainly eager to see what 2021 has in store for this love triangle.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

Hi! My name is Morgan Marisa and I am from Pittsburgh, PA. I love writing, reading, traveling, and spending time with my amazing friends and family. My instagram is @morganmarisa1324 :)
Her Campus at Florida State University.