Everything That Happened in the News This Week

1. Timmothy Pitzen Still Missing

In 2011, six-year-old Timmothy Pitzen went missing a few days before his mother committed suicide. In the past eight years, little is still known about Pitzen’s whereabouts. However, a man claiming to be Pitzen came forward. The FBI has now released a statement that the man is making false claims, following a DNA test.

2. Prosecutor from OJ Simpson Trial is now defending Nipsey Hussle’s Accused Killer

Christopher Darden is making headlines once again as the defense attorney for Eric Holder, the accused killer of beloved rapper and producer, Nipsey Hussle. Darden is no stranger to high-profile cases, serving as one of the prosecutor’s in the infamous OJ Simpson trial nearly twenty years ago. Over the past two decades, people continually debate Darden’s role in the trial, with some even blaming him for OJ’s acquittal. In fact, it was Darden who forced Simpson to try on the gloves found at the crime scene during the trial. This sparked the iconic line from Johnnie Cochran, “If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit.”

3. Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos finally settle their divorce

Following separation, the once couple have now settled the aspects of their divorce. Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon, will get 75% of his company, with his ex-wife holding the remaining 25%. It’s unclear whether or not a prenuptial agreement was signed between the two, but it’s definite that the 25-year marriage is coming to an end. Although with the agreement, Jeff will keep the voting power, with his wife only owning a 4% stake in the company.

Courtesy: CNN

4. Amazon’s version of Apple Air Pods

Apple took the headphone industry by storm in 2016 with the release of air pods. Since then, wireless headphones have become a staple for many people. Following the generation two release of the product, Amazon is hoping to release their own version by the end of the year. It’s anticipated that Amazon’s version will let you use voice activation to purchase goods, access information and listen to music. In addition, there is hope for physical gesture controls similar to Apple’s air pods. In terms of cost, Amazon is always known to have lower costs than its competitors, so it’s expected they will be cheaper than Apple’s version of wireless headphones.

Courtesy: Bloomberg

5. USC student killed after getting into the wrong car

Samantha Josephson, a senior at the University of South Carolina, was found dead on Friday after getting into a car she thought was her Uber. A few weeks from graduation, Josephson was looking forward to attending law school in the fall at Drexel University. The suspect in the case has since been charged following a joint investigation by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, Clarendon County Sheriff's Office and Columbia police.