Everything to Do This Halloween in Tallahassee

Halloween is just around the corner and you can only go to so many house parties for the third year in a row before it gets old. That is why I have compiled a list of everything fun to do in Tallahassee for Halloween this year so that you can get out of the house and experience this spooky holiday in the best way possible!

Haunted Harvest at FSU 

Oct. 26 @ 7 p.m.

Every year Florida State University hosts a spooky night with free games, music, rides and food and this year the event will be held on Landis Green! The FSU Flying High Circus will also be performing a Halloween themed show!

The FSU Flying High Circus Dates & Times

Thursday, Oct. 25 @ 7 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 26 @ 7 p.m.

Friday, Nov. 2 @ 7 p.m

Saturday, Nov. 3 @ 7 p.m.

Event Information

Courtesy: Oglesby Union

Christ Presbyterian Pumpkin Patch

Until October 31

If you have ever wanted to go to a pumpkin patch this is the place for you! They have hundreds of pumpkins to choose from and the proceeds are used to fund scholarships to allow their youth groups to attend the Montreat Youth Conference in Montreat, NC as well as church-sponsored mission trips.

Event Information

Courtesy: Fun 4 Tally Kids

Ultra Secret Pillow Fort Movie Night at Grasslands

Oct. 23-Nov.18 @ 7 p.m.

Every Tuesday, Grasslands will be hosting an ultra-secret movie night! The twist is that you won’t be told what the movie is until the opening credits begin. Not only will you be able to buy drinks as you watch, but they will also be supplying free popcorn!

Event Information

Courtesy: Twitter

Terror of Tallahassee

Oct. 26- Nov. 2

This haunted house is run by FSU Film School alumnus Kurt Kuersteiner and is one of the largest haunted houses in North Florida. The house features any frightful thing you could think of, according to their website. They say that “whether its rats, roaches, snakes, clowns, or whatever else people are most afraid of, chances are that we have it and you’re gonna have to face it to make it through.” The most exciting night to go is Lights Out Night which takes place on Nov. 2 and is the most hardcore and terrifying experience they have to offer. If you complete the experience, you get to walk out with a certificate of completion!

Event Information

Courtesy: Monster Wax

Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra’s Halloween Symphony Spooktacular

Oct. 26 @ 6 p.m.

For those of you not into the party atmosphere and are looking for traditional Halloween fun, then this event is a must! Cascade’s Park will be hosting their annual Halloween Symphony Spooktacular event that is open to all ages. There will be trick or treating, food trucks, and drinks all available to you as you listen to the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra play spooky melodies to get you into the Halloween spirit!

Event Information

Courtesy: Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra 

Nightmare on Gaines Street

Oct. 31 @ 9:30 p.m.

This event is right for you if you are looking for a club atmosphere with a haunted house twist! GVO will be transforming their venue into what they are calling “one of the largest Halloween parties Tallahassee has seen,” so this will definitely be a night to remember. They will feature haunted houses inspired by iconic horror names, along with great DJ’s, and drinks of course!

Event Information

Courtesy: Eventbrite

Start picking out your costume because the fun is about to begin!

Courtesy: Tenor

Tyra Joseph is a graduate of Florida State University with a dual degree in Editing, Writing & Media, and Digital Media Production with minors in Information Technology and Film Studies. She began as a Staff Writer for Her Campus FSU in August 2018 and then served as a Content Editor in her final two semesters as a Nole!
Her Campus at Florida State University.