Emily D’Angelo: FSU Tri Delta Sister and Henri Girl Manager at 22

Courtesy: Emily D’Angelo

Name: Emily D’Angelo

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Major: Finance & Real Estate

Hometown: Lake Mary, Florida

Her Campus (HC): How long have you been working with Henri Girl? And how long have you been a manager?           

Emily D’Angelo (ED): I started working at Henri Girl at the beginning of my freshman Summer C semester here at FSU. I was promoted going into my junior year.

HC: Tell me a little bit about how you got this position.           

ED: We lost our manager the summer going into my junior year. With my boss living primarily in Los Angeles, we needed someone to take charge and although I was a full-time student, my boss saw potential in me to be a leader.

HC: What was it like at first being in charge? Were your nervous?           

ED: At first, it was a little awkward because my co-workers were not only the same age as me, but also some of my best friends. I was nervous to take on such a huge responsibility so quickly, especially because of the time commitment it entailed.

HC: What is your favorite and/or most rewarding part of your job?

ED: I love being able to help girls find an outfit they feel confident in, but also finding new ways to make the store more efficient and functional.  I would say the most rewarding part is seeing customers leave feeling excited about a new outfit that I helped them find.

HC: You’re also a member of Tri Delta (Delta Delta Delta), what’s your favorite part about your chapter?

ED: Tri Delta strives itself on diversity. Although cliché, Tri Delta truly makes me feel at home. I’m surrounded by a strong group of women whom I can always rely on and know that they support me in all of my endeavors. Tri Delta has helped strengthen my confidence and has allowed me to become a leader not only within Tri Delta, but also on campus.

HC: What was your last recruitment and bid day like?

ED: With this being my last bid day, it was kind of surreal. The two weeks of recruitment is always a lot of work, but it reminds me of why I joined my chapter four years ago. All the hard work pays off when you see the new members running home to the place that has made your own college experience unforgettable.

HC: Are you involved in anything else on campus?

ED: I’m a member of the Real Estate Society, student government and I’m also a student tutor.

HC: Throughout the years, how have you managed to balance school, work and extracurricular activities? Is there any piece of advice you would give to someone trying to do the same?

ED: I tend to work better when I’m extremely busy, so I’ve always kept myself very involved. Practicing time management has always been very crucial to me so I can always keep up with everything I want to do. My best advice to anyone lies within one of my favorite quotes by Calvin Coolidge: “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” Balancing a lot is hard work, but the more I’m involved with, the more I feel myself progress.

Her Campus at Florida State University.