Dude, It’s For St. Jude: Tri Delta Hosts Annual Delta House of Pancakes

Fall weather, pancakes, and the lovely ladies of Tri Delta? It must be that time of year again: the annual Delta Delta Delta House of Pancakes fall philanthropy event to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

This year Tri Delta wanted everyone to “fall for St. Jude” by cultivating a theme around the cool weather and changing leaves.

The community was invited to the event through ticket sales and advertising to come relax, listen to music, eat pancakes, and of course to support St. Jude’s wonderful cause. For each donation ticket, guests were given a plate of pancakes and led to the topping bar where they could choose from plenty of options to enjoy.

The idea behind the event was to grab a late night snack (as the event ran from 10pm to 2am) or to stop by after a night out. (The perfect way to sober up for a cause!)

With over 1,500 people stopping by at the event, it was no wonder people took to dancing the night away to the tune of the DJ while getting to catch up with new and old friends. Clearly with that kind of turn out this is an event that people are looking forward to annually.  

Part of the event even included a competitive pancake eating contest. The participants got a little rowdy and playful before competing against one another. They definitely brought some extra life to the party.

The ladies of Tri Delta really get into the spirit of the event, which is to take the time to selflessly raise money for those who can’t afford the burden of medical costs after being diagnosed with cancer. They believe in taking one night to fight for those who fight for their lives daily.

“This year I overheard a guy as he walked in say, ‘Wow this is awesome!’ and my heart melted a little bit to know that we are raising money for such a good cause and that people genuinely enjoy coming to our events,” said Co-Philanthropy Chair Marissa Zvaigzne.

This year’s DHOP was a huge success for St. Jude, with Tri Delta raising just about $14,000, which is more than double the amount raised in the previous year’s event. This effort will contribute to the national campaign by the Delta Delta Delta Sororities. Recently the national campaign was able to reach their 15 million dollar goal for five years in just three and a half. This fundraiser will become part of the new goal to raise 60 million dollars in the next ten years.

“What I love most about our philanthropy and what makes it so unique is that St. Jude puts such a positive spin on everything,” said Co-Philanthropy Chair Gabriella Giuliano. “[I love] that it isn’t a chore to raise money for this amazing cause.”

St. Jude even gave a shout out to the ladies of Tri Delta on their Facebook page posting, “Congratulations ladies, on an amazing DHOP and thank you for your continued support for St. Jude!”

You’ll definitely want to look out for this event next fall!

Her Campus at Florida State University.