Culture > News

Drake Debuts Toronto Mansion in Architectural Digest

Architectural Digest (AD) is known for photographing some of the most beautiful homes and giving readers an inside look at the interior design and landscaping of several high profile celebrities and public figures.  

miami skyline miranda torres
ruifo

This week, AD released a tour of rapper Drake’s mansion in his hometown, Toronto which took around six years to build is clearly nothing short of extravagant. The 50,000 square foot mansion nicknamed “The Embassy” was designed by Ferris Rafauli, a Canadian architectural and interior designer. Rafauli is known for designing multi-million dollar luxury spaces for elite clients including Porsche and BMW. Rafauli described the vibe of the mansion as “modern art deco” in reference to it’s a modern yet classic design. The grand piano designed by Rafauli and Japanese designer Takashi Murakami and the kaws sculptures which stand at the entrance of the house are just a few of the ways in which Drake and Rafauli included art throughout the house. 

The house features a 3,200 square foot master bedroom dubbed as Drake’s favorite spot in the house which encompasses a bed that not only weighs nearly one ton but also contains a built-in whiskey-and-champagne bar. The master bath connected to the bedroom continues the luxurious vibe of the bedroom with its main focus: a 4,000-pound tub made of black marble.  

The Lalawine With Friends
Her Campus Media

Another part of the mansion which may seem familiar to fans is the lounge which has been featured in several of Drake’s music videos including “When to Say When”/“Chicago Freestyle” and “Toosie Slide.” This room like many others in the house features many raw materials such as a panel made up entirely of brown agates and mohair pillows all custom designed by Rafauli. 

Not only was the mansion designed for living purposes, but it also features several spaces related to Drake’s career such as an NBA sized court designed based on Drake’s lifestyle brand October’s Very Own and world-class recording studio. 

basketball cover photo
Markus Spiske

To view more of Architectural Digest’s celebrity home tours click here.  

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest

Student at Florida State University studying political science and philosophy.
Her Campus at Florida State University.