Don’t Miss the Action: Where To Watch FSU Football Away Games

Game days can be an essential part of a lot of students’ college experience, especially after their team gets ranked No. 3 in the latest AP Poll after beating a team that the predictions favored. With that being said, you may want the feel of a Florida State University (FSU) game day even when our players are away, so where can you go to watch those games in Tallahassee?

madison social

Starting off with a Tallahassee favorite, especially for our 21+ crowd, Madison Social (MadSo) is a big fan of our Florida State Seminoles. Located right at the start of College Town, it’s bound to be packed with students and Tallahassee residents watching the game. With their expanding menu, endless list of drinks, and past challenges, there is something for everyone at this FSU staple restaurant. Game day is a great time to grab some food and maybe even start their monthly challenge and get your shirt!

proof at fsu

Last year, Proof Brewing Company opened up a new location right on our very own FSU campus! Located in the Oglesby Student Union, Proof at FSU is an easy walk for students who live on campus and are looking for a place to catch the game. With food, drinks, and even mocktails, this is a great environment to watch an FSU game with other students. During the Louisiana State University (LSU) vs. FSU game, Proof at FSU was packed, proving it’s a perfect place to watch an away game.

vino beano

While a bit further away from campus (it’s located on Thomasville Road), if you’re looking for a place other than a sports bar to watch FSU play, Vino Beano offers a fun way for you and your friends to watch the game! Vino Beano is an all-day coffee and wine bar that offers watch parties for away games. They open up their courtyard with a jumbotron and have great deals like $3 hot dogs and burgers. If the game gets a bit slow or if you get bored during a commercial break, you can play some of the games that they have set up, like cornhole.

hobbit American grill

Another locally owned place to watch the game is The Hobbit. Known for their wings, this FSU-themed sports bar has tons of TVs that you can watch our very own Seminoles play on. You can order some Garnet and Gold wings to go along with our Garnet and Gold players.

There are so many different local places throughout Tallahassee where students, visitors, and residents can all go and watch our Noles play. Whether it’s at one of these places, a different bar in Tallahassee, or even from the comfort of your couch, we all love to support our school when they are both at home and away. But if you want to give one of these places a try sooner rather than later, you can on Sep. 16 when FSU plays Boston College at noon!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Lauren is a Senior at Florida State University double majoring in Business Management and Marketing with a minor in Communications. She enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her friends and family.