Don’t Miss the 2nd Holiday Tree Lighting Festival

Don’t miss The Second Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at Madison Social on Saturday, Dec. 9 from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. located in FSU Collegetown. This event will be filled with activities where both family and friends can participate.  The activities include face painting, ornament decorating, food, the appearance of Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause and drinks including hot chocolate following the lighting of the tree. The event is also free. To find out more information about the event you can click here

This event is similar to the lighting of the tree in New York City in Rockefeller Center. However, the tree in Tallahassee is much smaller compared to the one in New York, as it is only 20 feet tall. It is a wonderful event to attend to because if you don’t have anything to do on a Saturday evening, it would be nice to take the family out and about in downtown and see the wonderful tree light up. It will be a fun event filled with music, food and friends.  

Last year the tree lighting was a success. Everyone enjoyed the event and thought it was unique. I myself attended last year’s tree lighting and I have to say, it was so cute and amazing. Everyone was in the holiday spirit and so very happy. I met so many people when I went to the festival especially when I was writing the holiday cards. The kids that attended were so high-spirited and happy to see Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause, they were ecstatic. The food was delicious and the hot chocolate was to die for. I fell into the Holiday spirit that was abundant during the festival. Everyone was with their families and just seeing them made me realize how grateful I am to be alive and to be able to experience this. Anyone who has not attended this event should come and check it out.

Courtesy: Tin Lizzy’s Tallahassee

Madison Social will also have their usual Saturday brunch from 10 a.m.-4p.m. and everyone is invited to go. It is convenient since you can eat before going to the event and have a full stomach and the energy to be able to stand and see the lighting of the tree. Township will also have brunch and you can have as many mimosas as you like, as well as French toast, eggs and much more. It will be a day filled with events.

The festival has lots of activities for kids to prepare for Christmas such as candy canes and card decorations sent to the children at Golisano Children’s Hospital in Fort Myers, Florida. This is a festival that you will not forget and will be filled with so many people, dancing, eating and just having a blast. Make sure to mark your calendar because it will be a day you won’t want to miss!

Senior at Florida State University Majoring in Psychology and minoring in Spanish & Communications.
Her Campus at Florida State University.