Nothing hits quite like a Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM). They make the best movie marathons, they’re a great topic of conversation and if your friends are anything like mine, they make for an elite aux in the car. This list only features eight of the 99 DCOMs there are total, but after having had this conversation several times, I have pretty much perfected my personal order. So, without further or do, and at risk of getting canceled as a writer, here are my top eight DCOMs ranked:

1. Lemonade Mouth

The music. The plot. The characters. The lemonade!!!! This is absolutely, without a doubt, the greatest DCOM ever created. They went from strangers with nothing in common to best friends bound by their love for the band, and of course, Mel’s Lemonade. If you don’t blare their soundtrack with the windows open, you’re missing out.

2. High School Musical 

If High School Musical is not in your top three, then you’re lying. The energy in all three of the High School Musical movies is so unmatched. The soundtrack is so iconic, and Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are such a power duo. A classic for sure. 

3. Princess Protection Program

This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion as I figure that most people tend to forget this movie even exists, but it is easily my number three. Demi and Selena cross over? Cinematic gold, to say the least. 

4. Cheetah Girls

Another group of best friends bound by their love for each other and their music. Their claim to fame was not an easy one as they try to also balance being normal teenagers. This movie’s No. 4 spot also has a lot to do with the fact that it reminds me a lot of me and my three best girlfriends, so it holds a very special place in my heart. 

5. Minutemen

This movie is just so swag. It is such a nice breath of fresh air from your typical high school drama plotline. The action and adventure add so much spice. Never a dull movement in this movie. And come on… such a cutie cast!!!!

6. Camp Rock

I feel like I am definitely going to get a little heat for this one. Camp Rock had a lot of potential, and overall, it is a good movie and series, but there is no denying that it is incredibly cringey. There are very questionable scenes. Extra points for the Jo Bros and their overall soundtrack. 

7. Geek Charming 

You can’t go wrong with the plot of this movie—popular girl dates popular guy until she realizes he’s actually an awful person and even worse boyfriend; she then slowly starts to fall for an underdog of sorts that will stop at nothing in attempts to give her the world. The only reason it is so far down on the list is because I feel like no matter which of the newer ones you like, there is something to be said about the classics. 

8. Teen Beach Movie 

Great plot, poor execution. I actually really loved this movie the first few times, I think it’s a great spin-off to the original “West Side Story,” but the acting is just not quite there. It is a great first movie in a DCOM marathon, but if I watch it any later than say, second, I am just way too distracted by the poor acting. However, Ross Lynch really does something in “Cruisin’ for a Brusin.”

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYoutube and Pinterest!

HEY YALL!!! Thanks for popping in! My name is Gaby and I'm a junior at Florida State studying Public Health on a Pre-Med track. I'm a big fan of concerts, books, late drives to sonic, and the beach. Hope you like what you read!!!☻☻☻☻
Her Campus at Florida State University.