Discovering the Celebrity in You

Week after week, the Her Campus FSU team scouts for potential “Campus Celebrities.” But what is a Campus Celebrity, you ask? How do these individuals become so widely known and so heavily engaged? Well Collegiettes, here I am this week with the 411 on how to become the most well known gal on campus! Read on to see how I can help you reach your celebrity potential!

If you are a freshman, chances are you’ve come to college disappointed with the lack of available leadership positions in organizations available to you on campus. After being used to leading your entire high school through multiple organizations, this is normal. But have no fear! The first step is to get involved in any organization here on campus that entices you. After awhile, you will become well aware of the leadership positions around you and, as a freshman, you can start to learn from those already holding positions. This way, you can start to show your commitment and willingness to the job. The upperclassman can’t hold these positions forever – soon it will be your turn to reign.

If you are an upper classmen and you want to become more involved, chances are you’ve made many friends at Florida State who are passionate about what they are involved in. If you aren’t sure if what they do is what you are looking for, go with them to a meeting and check it out before making the decision to cross them off your list. I guarantee that you will find something unique that you can become passionate about. After that you are able to jump-start your celebrity career! Getting involved with anything on campus is more than enough to boost your celebrity status here at Florida State.

Now if you’re in an organization and you feel you haven’t reached your leadership potential, maybe you should try becoming a member of another organization! Florida State is always growing, and what makes us such a diverse population is that we are all interested in so many things. By starting your own organization, you will distinguish yourself among your peers as well as help bring others together who may share the same passion for your interest.

Coming here to Florida State, I was so nervous about not finding activities and organizations to keep me busy here. After becoming involved in Greek life, SGA Street Team, and Her Campus FSU, I can easily say that becoming involved here at Florida State was by far the easiest and most beneficial thing I could’ve done for myself. I enjoy being able to converse about a variety of topics with new people I meet through my involvements. It is so beneficial to learn about other’s views, and expand your horizons through this four year journey. Remember, your four years here will help define you as a woman in the next stage of your life and the time management skills you learn will stay with you forever. At FSU, every Seminole is a celebrity – sometimes it’s merely about uncovering your potential.

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!