Dillon Nathaniel Was Featured in One of TechYES’s Largest Events

Tallahassee EDM fans have been attending TechYES shows for over a year now. TechYES held their first birthday party over the summer, featuring DJ Christian Martin. Other DJs that have been featured in the past include Chris Lorenzo, Billy Kenny, Worthy and many other up-and-coming names. Since its beginning, TechYES has been able to grow and attract more members of the Tallahassee EDM community to The Standard on select Wednesdays throughout the year. 

Courtesy: YouTube

Early this semester, TechYES featured Dillon Nathaniel as the headliner, as well as Hotfire. The event was advertised as a “downtown block party” with the doors open to Clyde’s and Costello’s as well as The Standard. Tickets were sold for as low as $10 during the pre-sale and up to $30 at the door. Local DJs were featured at both venues as well to open up the show. 

Courtesy: Facebook

TechYES events feature a wide range of music styles, not just techno. You can hear house, bass, trap and many other styles of EDM. At Wednesday’s show, Dillon Nathaniel performed a bass house set from The Standard stage. On a normal night, The Standard is set up so that the DJ booth is elevated on the second floor. When TechYES brings DJs, they take over the area that is normally used for table reservations.

Although Coliseum, everyone’s favorite venue to watch performances, has recently closed its doors, local DJs, as well as big names, are now being booked at TENN, Bajas Beachclub, Tabu, and the Standard. The Standard is most known for its popular Thursday nights, as well as its happy hour on Fridays. As TechYES is growing and expanding, you may not be surprised to be hearing about the local bar/club more often. For information on upcoming shows, visit their Facebook page here for all the details.

Florida State University junior, just winging it.
Her Campus at Florida State University.