A Definitive Ranking of Tally’s Best Bagels

For the past 18 years, I have been engaged in a love affair with carbs. Whether sweet and fluffy à la the waffle, cracker-y like corn chips and Cheez-Its (which I recently rediscovered in our vending machines) or buttery and warm like the perfect biscuit, bread products have a special place in my heart. However, there is one carb that rules them all– the bagel. The perfect breakfast (or lunch or dinner) for an on-the-go collegiette, bagels boast versatility, a good serving of protein and portability. Here are the best bagel places in Tallahassee to keep you running the world.

5. Einstein Bros Bagels

Where: Oglesby Union, near Woodward Avenue

This bagel chain, conveniently located on the FSU campus, cranks out hot and fresh bagels every day beginning at 7:30 a.m. Einstein’s serves a variety of bagels (including a PHENOMENAL cinnamon sugar bagel and a reduced calorie Thintastic bagel) and schmears (in English: whipped cream cheese) to suit every mood and palette. They also have an egg-cellent variety of breakfast sandwiches, lunch options and smoothies. You can buy these bagels by the dozen, perfect for an early morning meeting or brunch. The only con? Einstein Bros is closed on the weekends, so no Sunday brunch can be conducted there.

You can find the full menu here.

4. Bagel Bagel

Where: 2401 West Pensacola Street 

With a name so nice you say it twice, this little joint features an enormous menu, delivery options and the smell of freshly baked bread that hits you the moment you cross the building’s threshold. Need I say more? While B^2 serves bagels, their menu is a bit more extensive if you’re looking for a hearty breakfast. Their breakfast wraps (meat, egg, cheese and hash browns in a tortilla) are filling and Sunday-worthy. If you’re not really into the breakfast scene, B^2 offers a variety of wraps, salads and sandwiches (as wells as vegetarian options!) to suit any taste. While it is a little far from campus, it is definitely worth the journey.

You can check out their menu here.

Courtesy: Zomato

3. The Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Company

Where: 815 West Madison Street #106

Some of the world’s best bagels can be found in New York City but they’ve slowly made their way down South. This shop ships in the water used to boil and cook their bagels from New York and the result creates the perfect, authentic New York bagel- crunchy outside, super chewy inside. They’re reasonably priced, too; you can get one bagel for $1.29 and you can customize your feast with a variety of different toppings, including sliced avocado! BWB also serves breakfast and lunch sandwiches, but they’re most well known for their coffee. The Iced Coffee Cubsta features iced coffee (try the cinnamon iced coffee!) with ice cubes made out of coffee. This revolutionary method allows for your iced coffee to stay strong enough to get you through a long day of classes. Plus, the location is walking distance from campus, in the heart of Collegetown.

You can check out their menu here.

2. Bruegger’s Bagels

Where: 1216 North Monroe Street

For the bagel connoisseur or refined palate, this chain is the perfect option. Featuring more savory bagel flavors such as Rosemary Olive Oil, Sundried Tomato and Asiago-Parmesan, Bruegger’s is a great option for lunch. They also offer specialty cream cheeses (some of which vary by season) that include Olive Pimento, Sriracha Honey and Bacon Scallion. With several breakfast, lunch and vegetarian options, this place is sure to please a crowd. Only downside? It’s a bit far from campus but if you’re looking for an impressive brunch, look no further than Monroe Street.

You can find their menu here.

Courtesy: Zomato

1. The Bagel Market and Bistro

Where: 6267 Old Water Oak Road

If you like friendly people, patios, dogs and a good brunch, this is the place for you. This small business boasts more than bagels; they serve a variety of soups, flatbreads, salads and sandwiches in addition to their namesake bagels. They also offer a particularly mouthwatering dish called a Southern Parfait, composed of layers of grits, eggs, sausage, bacon and cheddar cheese. Regardless of your brunch tastes, this place will have something for you.

You can find their menu here.

Even if breakfast isn’t your favorite, these Tally eateries may make you change your mind on the most important meal of the day.

Hey! My name is Anne Marie, and I'm a second year Editing, Writing, and Media and International Affairs double major here at FSU. I'm from Tampa, Florida, and when I'm not in class, I can be found reading the news, eating breakfast, or hitting the grind at the gym.
Her Campus at Florida State University.