Cute and Affordable DIY Christmas Presents That Will Make Your Loved Ones Happy

It is finally Christmas time, and while we would all love to go out and drop a bunch of money on our friends, family, and significant others, that is unfortunately not an option for most college students. When your wallet is feeling a little bare, the holidays can be a little difficult to plan for if you want to get gifts for the people who mean the most to you. If you find yourself in that category, there is nothing better than a handmade present. It comes straight from the heart, it is easy to personalize, and it is much more inexpensive than something you would normally find at the mall. No one likes to receive a boring gift (and no one likes to act like they love it, either). Here are some fun, exciting gift ideas that everyone will love and will always remember!

1. Instagram Coasters

Coasters do not have to be a pain in the butt to use when they have precious Instagram pics on them (for an extra dose of cute, add a picture of you and the person you’re making them for on there). Find out how to make these here!

(source: foammagazine.com)

2. DIY Studded iPhone Case

You can find cheap, plain iPhone cases all over Amazon or Ebay. Personalize one for a special someone in your life with studs like shown above, or with jewels and other adornments! The directions are here.

(source: julieannart.com)

3. Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Who doesn’t like to be pampered every now and then? This is a great idea for people who value their “me time.” Not a fan of the peppermint scent? Substitute it for lemon, almond, or relaxing lavender. Find out how to make it here.

(source: theidearoom.net)

4. Fabric Charm Necklaces

This one is for the jewelry lovers. Head out to your nearest JoAnn’s to find all the tools necessary to create these adorable necklaces (and again, you can make them all according to what they like). The directions on how to make these are here.

(source: 52mantels.com)

[pagebreak]

5. Liquor Bottle Soap Dispensers

All you need is a bottle of liquor, soap, and a dispensing pump – and voila! You have an easy and fun gift that looks good in any bathroom or kitchen. The best part about this idea? You get to drink the liquor first.

(source: lifecheating.com)

6. Cookies in a Jar

I think we can all agree that everyone loves cookies. Grab the dry ingredients for your selected cookie recipe and a mason jar that you can decorate, and you are good to go! The directions are here.

(source: linaloo.typepad.com)

7. DIY Bath Bombs

After a long, stressful day, sometimes a nice bath is the best thing in the world. Make these delicious bath bombs for that hard worker in your life. They’re super easy and smell amazing! Find out how to make them here.

(source: instructables.com)

Take some time this year to create something amazing for the amazing people in your life. Getting something that is handmade always shows how much you care, and it even gives you a chance to let your creative juices flow. Your loved ones and your wallet will thank you.

Haleigh is a 22 year old college student who is slowly but surely getting closer and closer to graduating from the beautiful Florida State University (in May, to be exact). With a love for puppies that's almost too much to handle at times and a slight obsession with sushi, Haleigh is passionate about all things cute and fun, with a hint of sass. Go Noles!
Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."