Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

What’s in Their Bag? ‘Gilmore Girls’ Edition

Do you ever wonder what your favorite characters would carry around in their purses? Let’s take a look at the loveable characters in the classic TV series Gilmore Girls and imagine what kind of bag they would wear today and what would be inside of it!

Lorelai Gilmore

Lorelai always had a great fashion sense throughout the Gilmore Girls series. It just so happens that 2000s fashion is in these days, so I think Lorelai would fit the trends perfectly. I imagine her having a collection of medium-sized Coach purses, like the one pictured above, to carry all of the items she needs for her busy days while still looking classy and professional to run her inn.

Regarding the contents of her bag, the most important item would be a huge travel mug for her coffee. Lorelai usually wore lipstick in a muted pink shade, so I think one of the viral Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks would definitely be in there for reapplication throughout the day. Of course, she would also have plenty of her favorite junk food and candy in her purse for frequent snacking. Lastly, the keys to her iconic Jeep Wrangler would be rolling around in there somewhere.

Rory Gilmore

As we all know, Rory Gilmore was all about her schoolwork. Today, I’d imagine Rory carrying a waterproof North Face backpack in a black color so that it could match every outfit, rain or shine. I think Rory would love the amount of technology we have now, so she’d carry a laptop, an iPad, AirPods, and at least three books for leisure reading. I also imagine she’d have a super detailed planner, so she’d carry a million pens and highlighters with her. Rory would definitely carry a large travel coffee mug as well to keep her going all day. Rory is also the kind of girl to think ahead, so she would have a little pouch full of items for girly necessities such as Chapstick, hygiene products, and mints.

lane Kim

Lane Kim has a slight rocker chick aesthetic, but she kept it fairly simple for her day-to-day outfits. In 2024, Lane would wear a neutral-colored BAGGU crossbody bag. These bags have plenty of space to fit her drumsticks, a big pair of Bluetooth headphones, and a change of mother-approved clothes to put on before going home. Lane seems like the journaling type, so she’d also make sure to keep her diary in her bag at all times.

Emily Gilmore

Lastly, Emily Gilmore (who is my personal favorite character) has a timeless, elegant style, and she’d have a very nice bag to showcase that. Today, I imagine Emily carrying a small Sac de Jour handbag made by Saint Laurent. This bag fits Emily’s classy style with its minimal branding. Emily wouldn’t have much in her bag, but she’d definitely make sure to have a matching wallet, lipstick, and some glasses for reading.

Imagining what’s in my favorite character’s bags is so fun! Next time you’re watching your favorite show, you should try it!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Eniya Morris is a staff writer for Her Campus at the Florida State University chapter. This is her first semester working with Her Campus and she writes articles about campus, culture, and lifestyle. Aside from working with Her Campus, she is a junior at Florida State University. She is studying psychology and is working on a minor in communications. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, arts and crafts, and scrolling through Pinterest and TikTok. She also loves to spend time with her family, her friends, and her dog, Angel.