kissing booth 2 long distance?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kissing booth 2 long distance?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Netflix

What’s in Store for Sydney Sweeney and Jacob Elordi In 2024?

There’s no doubt about it: Sydney Sweeney and Jacob Elordi are some of the biggest names dominating the movie industry right now. The stars’ roles as Cassie and Nate in the hit HBO series Euphoria earned them their A-list celebrity standings. Since then, both have been featured in many career-defining roles and have put on performances nothing short of pure ingenuity. Most recently, with Sweeney in Anyone But You alongside Glen Powell and Elordi starring in Saltburn, the two are drawing in box office sales left and right. With neither showing any signs of slowing down, here’s a list of all the roles these two have lined up so far for 2024.  

sydney sweeney

Madame Web

Sweeney will be co-starring in the latest Marvel film, a Spider-Man spinoff titled Madame Web, alongside Dakota Johnson. The film is set to be released this coming Valentine’s Day and follows the story of Cassandra Web/Madame Web who was first introduced in 1980’s The Amazing Spider-Man No. 210. The character is a clairvoyant who specializes in predicting the future of several superheroes in the Spider-Man universe.

Sweeney will play Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman, who frequently crosses paths with Madame Web, portrayed by Dakota Johnson. Considering Sweeney has limited past projects in action roles, this film will give fans and new viewers the opportunity to see how she does in a new genre, further establishing her sophistication of the craft and credibility in the industry.

Immaculate

Immaculate, a psychological horror film, will have Sweeney as the lead star. The movie centers around a nun named Cecilia starting out at a remote Italian convent. However, after discovering her pregnancy, a sinister side to the monastery reveals itself, quickly beginning to plague Cecilia and threaten her spirituality.

The movie will be released on Mar. 22 under the direction of Michael Mohan, filmmaker of two other projects featuring the actress: The Voyeurs (2021) and the TV series Everything Sucks! (2018). 

Echo Valley

The Apple TV+ original thriller, Echo Valley, follows the grieving journey of a horse trainer named Kate (played by Julianne Moore) alongside her daughter Claire (portrayed by Sweeney), who mysteriously shows up on Kate’s doorstep covered in blood. The film illustrates the lengths a mother is willing to go to protect her child, no matter the hardships their relationship may face.

There’s no official release date. However, with production wrapped in June 2023, audiences can expect the film to hit the streaming service sometime in mid-2024.  

jacob elordi

Frankenstein

Elordi will star in the latest adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, as, you guessed it — the monster! Andrew Garfield was originally cast for the role, but scheduling conflicts resulting from the 2023 writer’s strike led to Elordi’s recast. Elordi will appear alongside other big names including Oscar Isaac, Christoph Waltz, Mia Goth, and Felix Kammerer.

Production of the Netflix film began in mid-January under Oscar award-winning Guillermo del Toro’s creative direction. However, there is no set release date yet.  

Oh, Canada  

An adaptation of the 2021 novel Foregone written by Russel Banks, Oh, Canada will star Richard Gere, Jacob Elordi, and Uma Thurman. The story follows an accredited filmmaker, Leonard Fife (portrayed by Gere), after being diagnosed with cancer at 80 years old. Characterized with a grim tone, the film serves as a reflective narrative of the involuted decisions Fife battled with throughout his life. Elordi plays Fife in his 20s to 30s, which is said to be a large portion of the film.

The release date has yet to be announced, but it’s rumored that director Paul Schrader might submit the film to premiere at the Cannes or Venice Film Festival, where he premiered his three previous works.  

It seems like Sydney Sweeney and Jacob Elordi have reached new heights within their careers and are on the rise for even more ambitious roles this year. Be sure to keep an eye out in theaters and streaming services for these next releases. Maybe you’ll even find your new favorite movie!    

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Paige McGuinn is a second year student at FSU studying Communication/Media Studies and Business. She loves writing about current events, pop culture and trends. With a passion for female empowerment, she is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus community!