Wellness > Health

This New Tallahassee Tech Startup Is Revolutionizing Healthcare

Modern problems require modern solutions — and when we have a problem, we make an app for it! WellConnector is a health tech startup dedicated to eliminating repetitive paperwork at doctor’s offices. This app is designed to streamline the intake process of patients by digitally and securely sharing their medical information, including medications, allergies, and family history, for easy access at any number of medical appointments.

The story behind WellConnector is enough to gain a large following for their brand and spread awareness in the community. It started when its co-founder Allison Aubuchon began struggling with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). The repetitive medical forms at frequent doctor’s visits became frustrating and extremely painful for her to fill out. She knew that many others were struggling with this problem as well, so she and her husband decided to reach out to Eddie Gonzalez Loumiet, an experienced CEO in the health, technology, and data industries, with a business proposal.

They put together a dream team of entrepreneurs, project managers, designers, and business professionals to carry out the expensive planning and developing strategies. With Aubuchon’s background in communications and freelancing, she took it upon herself to provide a creative solution for the gap in healthcare that she was experiencing. However, the help she received from local business partnerships and the team’s diverse set of skills was necessary to get this startup off the ground. 

Once implemented into medical settings around the Tallahassee area, this program sets out to benefit patients of all ages and medical needs. This includes anyone suffering from physical disabilities or chronic conditions that affect writing and memory, individuals whose medical needs require frequent visits, parents who need to provide healthcare to multiple children, and even emergency medical professionals who need a patient’s medical information in life-or-death situations. Furthermore, it takes a burden off the medical staff by cutting down on manual data input and chances of human error, allowing more time for physicians to treat patients and less time spent in the waiting room.

In this day and age, paperwork feels like a thing of the past. The recent COVID-19 pandemic served as a “reminder of the importance of healthcare and having data at your fingertips,” said Gonzalez Loumiet. Medical visits became more frequent for everyone during this time, whether it was for routine checkups, COVID-19 testing, or vaccines. Medical forms became quite repetitive, which only increased the public’s need for this program. 

WellConnector’s launch time played a large part in the success of its community support. It was announced to the community in December 2022 when healthcare was still on the public’s mind after the pandemic. Since then, the company has gained momentum in the business sphere by building relationships at events like the annual Tallahassee Chamber Community Conference and Tallahassee Startup Week. In January 2024, the WellConnector team will be attending the U.S. Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) Conference at the Florida State University Turnbull Conference Center.

Tallahassee has such a supportive entrepreneurial community and is becoming a thriving market for business, technology, healthcare, and more. With initiatives like Launch Tally, startups are thriving in this city. The team behind WellConnector’s dedication to the local community shines through their work as they better the lives of those around them. For updates and ways to follow WellConnector’s news on availability for patients and providers, visit WellConnector.com.

To anyone interested in pursuing an entrepreneurial venture or simply wanting to take a leap of faith toward your goals, you can use this inspiring story as motivation and a reminder that, with the right intentions, you have the ability to turn a negative situation into a positive outcome.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Hey! I'm Sofi, a sophomore at Florida State University and it's my first year writing for Her Campus. Even though I'm a Nursing major, I have a passion for creative writing and journalism!