timothee chalamet and zendaya coleman in dune part two
Niko Tavernise / Warner Bros
Style

The Best Looks of the ‘Dune: Part Two’ Press Tour

It feels like fans have been waiting for ages for the sci-fi sequel Dune: Part Two. With the film originally set to release in 2023, the release date was pushed back due to the strikes in Hollywood. As of March 1, the highly anticipated sequel is finally upon us, and the best looks of this press tour are hard to forget.

With a star-studded cast, including returning actors Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya, and newer faces such as Florence Pugh, Anya Taylor-Joy, and Austin Butler, these celebrities all brought their A-game to the press tour. The carpets were filled with looks as diverse and captivating as the world of Arrakis itself. Here’s a closer glimpse at some of the best looks from the cast.

zendaya

The absolute best look of the press tour, and arguably Zendaya’s best look in general, is the archival Mugler armor she wore in London. The look comes from Thierry Mugler’s fall collection in 1995. He modeled the suit after the automaton character in Metropolis, a 1925 fiction novel set in a dystopian city.

When I first saw this look, I was fascinated. The detail of the armor is incredible and Zendaya looks perfect. I also have so many questions. How did she put the armor on? Does it bend at all? Was it uncomfortable or not that bad? I do know that she wasn’t able to sit in it, as she changed into another Mugler look consisting of an elegant black slip dress to actually watch the film. However, I fear this look can’t be beat.

florence pugh

On the same night, Florence Pugh shined in a backless, long-trained, hooded dress embellished with brown sequins. The creative director of Valentino, Pier Paolo Piccioli, personally designed the dress for Pugh, and I think it suits her really well. It ties in both her character, Princess Irulan, as well as her own personal style. It’s a beautiful gown that I personally would love to wear.

Timothée chalamet

My favorite look from Timothée Chalamet, who plays Paul Atreides, is the Prada suit he wore in Mexico City, Mexico. As far as red carpet looks go, men don’t have too many options, so seeing yet another suit can be disappointing. However, I love the color contrast in the sleeves as well as the double-looped Prada belt. They definitely spice the outfit up, and the grey and black look great together.

austin butler

Also in Mexico City, Austin Butler wore a Saint Laurent pin-striped suit. I personally will always love a pin-striped suit. I like the looser silhouette of the outfit, but also how there’s still structure to it. The model wearing the suit adorns a more tapered pant than when Butler wore it, and I think Butler made the right choice going for a looser fit. I am now inspired to find a pair of pin-striped pants for myself.

anya taylor joy

My final favorite look of the Dune: Part Two press tour is the elegant Dior ensemble that Anya Taylor-Joy wore in London, the same night as my favorite looks from Zendaya and Pugh. I love the simplicity yet beauty of this look. The sheer cape over the pleated silk dress is stunning. Before that night, it was never fully confirmed that she would be in the film, so fans were surprised yet ecstatic to see her join the rest of the star-studded cast on the red carpet (or in this case, on the sand dunes).

Overall, the cast of Dune: Part Two impressed fashion enthusiasts with their diverse outfits, tying in both their personal style as well as their characters in the film. From Florence Pugh’s stunning sequined dress to Austin Butler’s elegant pin-striped suit, one thing’s for certain in my book: Zendaya won as always.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Ellie is a staff writer for the FSU chapter of Her Campus. She writes about a range of topics, from culture, to lifestyle, to college-life! She is a second-year communications major and is pursuing a double minor in commercial entrepreneurship and general business. Beyond Her Campus, Ellie enjoys traveling, self-care, cooking, and hanging out with her friends!