Six Former Seminoles Take on Super Bowl LVII: Highlighting Their Career Success

Many athletes dream of excelling in their sport beyond college and experiencing the fulfillment of becoming professionals in their fields. Six former Florida State University (FSU) Seminoles have achieved this dream, advancing on to play for The National Football League (NFL) and now, having the additional unique experience of playing in Super Bowl LVII. Defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi and defensive end Joshua Kaindoh represented the Kansas City Chiefs and were victorious in this year’s Super Bowl. Josh Sweat, Janarius Robinson, Marvin Wilson and Roderick Johnson play for the Philadelphia Eagles, and endured the loss. All of these players have success stories on the field, and some extend their talents and fortune to their surrounding communities. 

Derrick Nnadi has played for the Chiefs since 2018, making this his second Super Bowl win, In the 2022 season, he made 11 solo tackles, and reached a career total of 193 solo and assisted tackles. Nnadi shared his excitement with fans on Instagram after the Chiefs’ win. Looking to give back to his communities, Nnadi also utilizes his platform to promote the Derrick Nnadi Foundation, a foundation that the athlete started after his first year playing in the NFL aimed to “cultivate positive change in people’s lives.” This December, he made an announcement on his Instagram that will help the people of Kansas City find their forever best friends through the KC Pet Project

For the second time in three years, Nnadi promised to pay the adoption fees for every adoptable dog at the KC Pet Project to celebrate his Super Bowl win. After his first win in 2020, 100 dogs were adopted due to his contribution, and this year he hopes to help 264 currently adoptable dogs find a home with loving families. 

Joshua Kaindoh was a fourth-round pick drafted by the Chiefs in 2021 and has only appeared in three games, making this his first Super Bowl win. Like his fellow Seminole alumni teammate, Kaindoh took to Instagram to document his enthusiasm, posing with the Lombardi Trophy. 

The Philadelphia Eagles drafted defensive end Josh Sweat in 2018. He had his first career touchdown this past Dec., intercepting a pass from the Cowboys quarterback, Dak Prescott, and scoring. He currently leads the Eagles with the most sacks since the 2019 season and was even selected to be part of the 2021 Pro Bowl. At the Super Bowl, he made one tackle. 

Janarius Robinson was drafted by the Eagles this past Sept. after being a member of the Minnesota Vikings practice squad. He is currently on injured reserve, so he did not play in this Super Bowl. 

Marvin Wilson is another member of the Eagles practice squad who plays a crucial role in the Tallahassee community. He is a defensive tackle with four career tackles in the 2022 season. He created Marvin’s Movement in 2020, which began as a seminar about financial literacy for kids in grades six through 12. The movement also includes a gift-giving component during the holiday season for children in Tallahassee who have had a rough year and are battling a variety of issues, such as illness or loss. During the 2022 holiday season, Marvin’s Movement gave 50 Tallahassee children $250 each to go on shopping sprees for themselves or loved ones to help spread cheer in a period of darkness. 

Roderick Johnson was signed to the practice squad of the Eagles in September 2022. He plays offensive tackle and has not played in any games since 2020 when he played for the Houston Texans.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!