Culture > Digital

Silly Cat Videos Are Back: Mr. Kitters’ Outside Adventures

If you’re anything like me, nothing will make your day more than a silly video of a cat. The internet has been infiltrated by silly cats ever since it first began. You’ve likely seen it all, from funny cat memes to videos of pet owners pranking their furry friends! Silly cat videos come in all shapes and sizes, so there’s always something for everyone. As the year ends and school starts to wrap up, it’s the perfect time to unwind your mind with some lighthearted cat videos.

However, for all those cat lovers out there, there might be a new star on the rise. TikTok is full of cat videos, and even some who turn into cat celebs. One notable example of this is Mr. Kitters, a new feline TikTok sensation.

Now what’s so special about this particular cat, since millions could be classified as competition? Mr. Kitters’ videos take viewers on many twists and turns since they rely on a camera being placed on him and documenting his outside adventures. Viewers experience these videos from his very own point of view, being able to see his scenery and little legs as he walks, making for a cute touch.

@mr.kitters.the.cat

Inviting your friends over to play. 📣🐈 #fyp

♬ original sound – Mr. Kitters the Cat

Mr. Kitters’ account has amassed an extremely large following of over three million, and over 93 million likes on all his videos combined! Viewers, including myself, are captivated by his silly adventures outside. He communicates with his neighborhood cats, chases down rodents, and even takes walks on his own! More recently, the little meows and hisses he makes have helped him find his uniqueness among other internet cats. Mr. Kitters’ videos usually span longer than the typical TikTok viral formula, as they usually run for over a minute to fully document an afternoon in his world.

The face behind all the action is none other than one of Mr. Kitters’ owners, Scott Irwin. Irwin started the account for the cat in August 2022 after being inspired by other “catfluencers” such as Gonzo. Gonzo was one of the first TikTok cats to incorporate the cat-point-of-view camera into his videos. While Irwin may run the account, Mr. Kitters is his 20-year-old daughter’s cat, and the duo bonded over sending each other cat videos. He has stated that Mr. Kitters’ sudden rise to fame took him by surprise and that he does not plan out any of the content. He explained, “I’m not doing anything but posting the videos that he’s filming and directing.”

Cats always remain mysterious creatures, especially when it comes to the silly ones on the internet. If you’re ever in need of a pick-me-up while you’re at home this month, tune in to Mr. Kitters’ TikTok page and get a chance to meet his other cat friends and follow his adventures! Even though most of his videos might seem like others, there’s always something new to look out for. Just like Mr. Kitters’ videos, there are so many different directions that cat videos can take, and in every way, they can spread some joy just in time for the holiday season!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Holly is currently a Media/Communication Studies major at Florida State University, planning to minor in English. She enjoys making Spotify playlists, hanging out with friends, and writing!