How To Celebrate Harryween Without Harry Styles This Year

For the past two years, Harry Styles has celebrated Halloween with his fans in a concert series dubbed “Harryween.” These shows were huge and acted as a Halloween party for fans all over the world. They served as a fun way to dress up and listen to some of Styles’ top hits, all while anticipating what costume he may be wearing each night.

The first Harryween took place on Oct. 30 and Oct. 31, 2021, during the first leg of Styles’ record-breaking tour, Love On Tour. The sold-out shows took place at the famous Madison Square Garden (MSG). Fans danced so hard to songs like “Kiwi” that they shook the entire arena. Styles’ fans are notorious for being extremely well-dressed for his concerts, and they brought it to the next level for Harryween, rivaling some looks from celebrity parties. But the best dressed at each show may have been Styles himself.

On night one, Styles and his band dressed as characters from The Wizard of Oz. The singer himself was Dorothy, wearing a blue and white plaid dress, a hair bow, and the iconic ruby red slippers. He even carried a basket with a stuffed animal of Toto the dog. He sang his usual setlist with songs from his albums Harry Styles and Fine Line, a few One Direction songs, and a cover of the song “Over the Rainbow” from The Wizard of Oz. I must shout out his guitarist, Mitch Rowland, who was undoubtedly forced to dress as The Cowardly Lion and looked like he would rather be anywhere else the entire time.

On night two, Styles and his band dressed as different variations of clowns, which could be interpreted as frightening for the holiday, but were very cute and stylish. Styles’ costume was a white clown suit with black accents and some makeup to complete the look. His setlist remained mostly the same as that for night one but added two songs. The first was “Medicine,” an unreleased track from Harry Styles that is a fan favorite, followed by a direct transition into the second song: a cover of Britney Spears’ “Toxic.”

The MSG shows were such a great success that the party continued in 2022! This time around, Harryween went across the country to Los Angeles, where Styles was completing his residency at the Kia Forum. He and his band all dressed as characters from the iconic film Grease, walking onto the stage to the tune of “We Go Together.” Styles dressed as Danny Zuko, wearing a leather jacket, black tank, black jeans, and even a black wig to resemble Zuko’s hair. Styles played hits from Harry Styles, Fine Line, and his third album, Harry’s House, which came out in May 2022. He also covered “Hopelessly Devoted to You,” a notoriously hard song to sing from Grease. It was sung in honor of one of the film’s stars, Olivia Newton-John, who had passed away a few months prior.

Once again, Harryween was quite the party. So of course, there must be another one in 2023, right? Sadly, we most likely won’t be getting a third annual Harryween celebration, unless Styles announces a show super last minute (which he totally could pull off). He’s been on the road since the summer of 2021 for Love On Tour and is finally getting a well-deserved break, so I can’t say I blame him. Still, we all would love another show.

So if we can’t go to Harryween this year, hopefully, I can bring it to you with some Styles-inspired costume ideas and a playlist for Halloween!

2021 Grammy’s Harry

Okay, I may be a little biased with this one because it was my costume last year, but Styles’ 2021 Grammys look is so iconic and super fun to recreate. All you need are some leather pants (I did fake leather), a leather jacket (once again, fake leather), maybe a top underneath the jacket, and a green boa!

Night 5 of love on tour in austin

This has got to be one of my favorite looks from Love On Tour, especially since the outfits of the New York shows aren’t my favorite. The full denim look is a vibe and can always be worn again!

“Fetus Harry”

I need someone to recreate one of Styles’ “fetus” looks because they’re so funny and easy to put together. The purple sneakers are a must. Another great costume to create with friends is the “Total Eclipse of the Heart” One Direction performance from The X-Factor (U.K.). It’s so funny and has a vampire element to it.

Harryween party playlist

Your own Harryween wouldn’t be complete without a playlist, so here’s one I made with some of my favorite songs by Styles and One Direction, as well as other songs sung at the Harryween concerts!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween! Even though we may not see Harry Styles perform in an amazing costume, we can all still have our own Harryween. Happy Halloween!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Michaela Galligan is a second-year student at Florida State University originally from Tampa, FL. She is studying political science and editing, writing, & media studies with a minor in communications and hopes to one day enter the field of political journalism and reporting. She is passionate about politics, football, music, traveling, and all things FSU.