Everything To Know About Taylor Swift’s Top-secret Music Video

Taylor Swift was just spotted with a film crew in Liverpool, prompting Swifities to question why she’s there. Swift—taking a short break from her highly successful The Eras Tour—spent approximately 48 hours working on her top-secret project. Here’s everything there is to know so far about her exciting undertaking:

Gorgeous Location

Taylor Swift and her team were spotted filming at St. George’s Hall and the Cunard Building, two landmarks that are known for their breathtaking Neoclassical architecture. Both buildings appeared in The Batman, the 2022 DC movie starring Robert Pattinson and Zoë Kravitz. The former served as Gotham City Hall, while the latter added to the backdrop.

A Cinematic Theme

Since the same location was used to film The Batman, it is speculated that the “All Too Well” singer will draw inspiration from the movie for her music video. Based on pictures taken from the set, Swift can be seen running through dark alleyways with a painting in her hands. Since it looks like she’s on a heist of some sort, Swifties can expect an action-packed video.

Guest Stars

Although nothing has been made official yet, it’s rumored that Joey King will make an appearance. This wouldn’t be the first time that the two women have worked together. In the 2010 music video “Mean,” King played a little girl who was bullied by some girls during lunch. Additionally, Taylor Lautner is said to be linked to the project. While there is little evidence to support this, there are pictures all over Twitter of a mysterious man on set.

Fan Theories

Some fans are confident that this will be a video for one of the recently released songs off Taylor Swift’s newest album, Midnights. Out of the remaining songs on the album, the theme seems to match “Vigilante Sh*t” best. However, most fans are convinced that it will be used for her highly anticipated rerecording of the album Speak Now, originally released in 2010. With the inclusion of Joey King and Taylor Lautner—two people who are associated with the Speak Now era—Swifties are sure that they’re getting a music video for a song like “Better Than Revenge.”

Other Easter Eggs

The “Anti-Hero” singer is the queen of hiding easter eggs that allude to the next move she’s going to make. Swifties work tirelessly as detectives to try to figure out what Swift has planned next. After careful examination of the pictures, some claim to see a “13” written on one of her hands, a throwback to when she performed at her Speak Now World Tour with her lucky number on her hand every night. Additionally, Taylor Swift’s hair resembles how she used to style it back in the late 2000s and early 2010s. It’s also worth mentioning that during the elevator scene from her music video “Bejeweled,” she hinted that her next project would be rerecording her third studio album, Speak Now.

While not much is known about Taylor Swift’s next music video, fans already can’t wait for it to drop. I know that I—like millions of other Swifties—will be anxiously waiting for it to be released!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Hello! My name is Elle Lazare, and I’m from Rockledge, Florida! I’m a Psychology major at Florida State University. I love playing tennis, reading books, attending all of the football games at FSU, and watching horror movies. I’m so excited to be a member of Her Campus and cannot wait to share my writing with you all!