A few days ago, news of Emma Chamberlain and her boyfriend ROLE MODEL’s split surfaced on the internet. The pair had been together for three years and held privacy from the public as a key component of their relationship. The duo appeared very happy and content with one another, even doing interviews with GQ. Although this celebrity breakup came as a sudden and very saddening shock for any Emma Chamberlain and ROLE MODEL fans, I’ve put together a very brief timeline of their relationship celebrating the time that they spent together. 

The Start

Back in 2020, the couple’s romance started with a simple DM from ROLE MODEL (whose real name is Tucker Pillsbury) to Emma Chamberlain following some TikToks she had uploaded of her dancing. Pillsbury said that it was her humor that attracted him. Following some text exchanges, the pair had a relaxed, commitment-free date in her California home. From there, their romance blossomed. 

The Debut

In March 2023, an entire three years after they started talking, Chamberlain and Pillsbury made their glamorous red carpet debut at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. Although the duo had shown signs of being in a relationship prior, this was their first time being seen in public together. 

Before their red carpet debut, Chamberlain had shown Pillsbury off with soft launches on her Instagram posts and stories, like for Halloween and his birthday back in 2022. 

Behind the Music

It would be impossible to discuss their relationship without mentioning Pillsbury’s music. As an up-and-coming artist originally discovered by Mac Miller, much of his catalog is about Chamberlain or features her in some way. He serenaded her in his music video for “neverletyougo.” Pillsbury’s song “blind” is rumored to be about Chamberlain, as he sings about how she has “gold hoops, Prada fit, [and he’s] in love with all of it.” Other songs on his album Rx that are rumored to be about Emma include “masturbation song,” “if Jesus saves, she’s my type,” and “forever&more.” With lyrics like “I bet the boys back home are mad, I found an angel wearing plaid,” it was obvious the two were enchanted with each other. 

Keeping things private

Throughout their relationship, a common theme that was important for them was keeping their privacy intact. Chamberlain and Pillsbury did not even reveal they were in a relationship until nearly three years after the fact. In an interview with GQ in February 2023, Pillsbury stated, “We have a very just unproblematic, safe, private — when we want to be private — relationship… We’re never going to be posting photos and selfies of us on a beach in Cabo.” The pair had agreed to be as private as they could for the sake of their relationship.

Although Chamberlain has been insistent on keeping her past relationships a complete secret, in an interview with Elite Daily, she shared her change of heart. Chamberlain said, “He’s become a really big part of my life. At this point, we’re both mature enough where, no matter what happens, it’s OK that it’s out there… I can’t say the same for other situations. There’s sometimes this ounce of doubt, but whether we get married and have 50 kids or we break up tomorrow, I’m happy that our relationship is public because he’s been such a huge part of my life.” 

Although fans are crushed to hear news of their breakup, it’s good to hear that despite whatever happened, Chamberlain has no regrets and feels it will all be okay. Chamberlain is now taking the time to heal from this breakup in peace and privacy. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Karolyne Lugo is a third year Instrumental Music Education major with a focus on violin at FSU. Aside from being a staff writer and serving on the social team for Her Campus, she is also a part of multiple organizations on campus. Karolyne is a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, the University Philharmonic Orchestra, and serves as the secretary for NAfME's collegiate chapter at FSU. In her free time, Karolyne likes to read and listen to music!