Bad Bunny and Who? Thoughts on Bad Bunny and Kendall Jenner Controversy

If you follow either Kendall Jenner or Bad Bunny, you’ve likely already heard the dating rumors surrounding the two after they were seen being quite friendly together on multiple occasions this past month. Jenner, the Kardashian heir and A-list model, and Bad Bunny “Benito,” have been sparking quite the controversy on every social media platform this month from fans of both celebrities. 

When it first started going around that Jenner and Benito were seen “making out at an LA after party,” according to Yahoo News, fans didn’t think much of this, and accredited it to random people trying to start drama rather than anything concrete. However, in the past week or so, the speculation has continued to grow and more pieces to the puzzle are surfacing. 

A paparazzi video spotted the pair leaving a restaurant in LA with famous married couple Justin and Hailey Bieber on Feb. 19. The four of them seemed to be on a “double date,” but this could have also just been a group of friends hanging out and getting dinner together. Considering Benito’s track record of being seen with famous women and fans, people aren’t reading too much into it right now. 

On the contrary, it seems like many people are reading too much into these speculations. Benito was photographed in LA arriving at the same restaurant as Jenner on Feb. 20, and Page Six reported that the phone case he was sporting was the same as one that Jenner has been seen with many times prior and has noted as “one of her favorites.” 

All of this speculation has caused an uproar on social media, with overall opinions being mixed. Those who love both celebrities are just going with the flow, hoping they are happy together and seemingly unaffected by the news. On the other hand, Benito fans who are not so fond of the Jenner name and what Kendall represents, are in a panic at the thought of the rumors being true. Additionally, Benito fans are disappointed that after all he has advocated for Latinos and writing in his music how much he loves Latina women, that he would be rumored to be dating a white woman. 

In his famous song “El Apagon,” he writes “Ahora todos quieren ser latino […] pero les falta sazon” (Now everyone wants to be Latino, but they lack “flavor”) and fans are dismayed that he seems to be contradicting his own words. Jenner has been the subject of much subjugation on many occasions due to her tequila brand, which people have claimed is profiting off the Mexican community for her brand. She was also criticized for “cosplaying” Mexican culture in ads for said tequila brand. 

With all of this being said, it’s important to remember that at the end of the day, this is all speculation. Nothing has been confirmed by either party involved, and it really doesn’t even have to be. Everyone has certainly shared their opinions on the matter, some good and some bad. Whether these rumors are true or not, there’s really nothing the online community can do about it. As a Benito fan myself, I am personally a bit confused and disappointed with regard to this information, but I’m not stressing myself out over it, and you shouldn’t either! 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

hi! my name's allison, i'm currently attending florida state university majoring in exercise physiology in hopes of going to med school to become an ob/gyn! i'm an iced coffee lover, heavy criminal minds watcher, and a pumpkin flavored everything enthusiast.