Could L’Oreal’s “Lash Out Butterfly” Mascara Be A Dupe For Benefit’s “They’re Real!” Mascara?

For reasons unknown to me, I accumulate mascaras like a kid hoarding candy. I’ll admit, I may be a closet product junkie. I just can’t resist cute packaging. While perusing through Walgreens, my attention grazed over L’Oreal’s Lash Out Butterfly. The wand looked like one I’d never seen before so naturally, I had to try it and to my surprise, I loved it. It gave length and amazing volume. It reminded me of how I felt the first time I tried Benefit’s They’re Real! mascara. Then I got to thinking… could this new mascara take the place of a more expensive product? If that’s the case, it sounds perfect to me. I’m a college student that’s trying to ball on a budget. With that in mind, I decided to put it to the test below.

Left: L’Oreal’s Lash Out Butterfly Mascara Wand | Right: Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara Wand

For this experiment, I applied/did nothing to my lashes—meaning no primer or curling. I also applied only one coat of mascara to each eye.

My left eye (Benefit’s They’re Real!) before:

After:

My right eye (L’Oreal’s Lash Out Butterfly) before:

After:

Both of these products give beautiful length to your lashes. Benefit’s mascara goes on darker, but that’s nothing a second coat of L’Oreal’s mascara couldn’t fix. When you’re pinching pennies, $8 looks a lot better that $23. Tell me what you think below.

And just for fun, I’ve added this music video by this group of YouTuber’s called DormtainmentTV. This should be every college student’s anthem.

Ballin’ On A Budget by DormtainmentTV:

I'm a senior at Florida State University who loves her Seminoles (GO NOLES!), reading, and ,of course, writing while drinking a hot cup of Twining's Spiced Apple Chai and listening to classical music.
Her Campus at Florida State University.