sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Corey Etcheverry: King of Beatbox

Name: Corey Etcheverry

Year: Junior

Hometown: Boca Raton

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Major: Finance

Her Campus (HC): How did you know Pi Kappa Phi was the right fraternity for you?

Corey (CE): First of all, I’m a legacy. My brother was a Pi Kapp before me and brought me around the house. I saw the great connections he made which influenced me to join such a great organization.

HC: Now that you’ve been a part of it for three years, have you taken on any leadership positions?

CE: Well, of course! For the past few semesters I’ve been in charge of Pi Kapp’s internal philanthropy. We are the only fraternity that runs and operates our own philanthropy and it’s called The Ability Experience. We raise money and spread awareness for people with disabilities. Look for us at our event coming up later this semester. We’ll be hosting a sand volleyball tournament at the Pi Kapp house.

HC: So you’ve recently been seen on Beatbox’s Instagram as “King of the Week.” Care to elaborate?

CE: Glad you asked. For those of you who don’t know, Beatbox is an up-and-coming drink company that was recently featured on ABC’s Shark Tank. I recently posed for a photo on Instagram featuring one of the company’s beverages. They picked it up and featured me as their “King of the Week”.

HC: Aside from your involvement in Pi Kapp, what would you like to do with your career in finance?

CE: After graduating from Florida State, I see myself going to law school. Right now, I haven’t decided what type of law I would like to do but I have always been interested in construction law.

HC: What has been your favorite experience at FSU?

CE: The Big Event. It was a community service day where FSU, TCC and FAMU all partnered together with 2,000 students for a full day of service for the Tallahassee community.

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

CE: I will be graduating with a law degree and starting my career under a private law firm. Hopefully, I’ll be living somewhere where I can have a margarita in hand and sand between my toes. By then I’d hope I met my future wife and would look to start settling down.

HC: What is one interesting fact about you?

CE: I played division 1 lacrosse my freshman year.

HC: Ideal date?

CE: First off, I’d spice things up and bring her to my all time favorite restaurant in Tallahassee, Tally Thai & Sushi. Then, we’d venture over to Fun Station and play putt putt golf and go-cart. Lastly, we would have a campfire, roast marshmallows and I would bring her back to her home and say goodnight.

Her Campus at Florida State University.