jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Complications of Boys As Told by “Gilmore Girls”

Many people think that because we’re girls, we’re the ones that bring complication to everything. From the simplest question of where to go to dinner to over analyzing a little fight in a relationship, we manage to complicate everything. For most guys, it probably feels like we’re constantly living by Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and plotting our revenge against them, but also stuck living in the fantasy of “Love Story,” hoping they’ll do something cute to sweep us off our feet. But did it ever occur to anyone that maybe it’s not just us girls that complicate things? Boys are just as bad, if not worse, in the whole schema of complication. I know I’m not the only one to call up their best friend, just to go on about the one guy in our lives that leaves us totally confused. You know that one guy that goes from talking to you every day to totally “ghosting” you? Yeah, we’ve probably all been there. Or how about that guy that just keeps playing mind games, making it harder for us to understand what they want? Talk about the worst. In the end, yeah we as girls can complicate, overthink, and over analyze any situation that comes our way, but we have good reason to.

1. We like to be in “the know,” so keep us in “the know.” It’s Simple. No mind games please. Just be straightforward with us and everything will fall into place. Trust me, we’re not as complicated as everyone makes us out to be.

Courtesy: Giphy

2. Trying to figure guys out is near impossible. Rory Gilmore could not have summed this up any better. This “whole guy thing” of figuring out what they want can be the most frustrating and confusing experience. And they say we’re never direct with them!​

Courtesy: Giphy

3. Confusion, confusion and more confusion. Like any girl, I’ve spent countless times going through situations of “what if” and “what went wrong” in my head almost all day long. All this leads to is more confusion and more wasted time for us. In other words, just a lot of “sloshing around” in our heads of what is going on in our current relationships, whether it’s just a hook up or if he’s looking to be more than friends. It isn’t healthy and there are much better ways for us to spend our time than on a guy that leaves us waiting for answers to questions after every time we talk.

Courtesy: Rebloggy

4. Not everything is as obvious to them as we think it is. Sometimes the best thing for us to do is just be straightforward and honest with guys. Maybe they’re just not getting our signs or signals, or maybe they’re just playing dumb, who knows? They obviously have no idea either. They might just need that little nudge to steer them in the right (or wrong) direction.

Courtesy: Giphy

5. “Can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em.”​ As much as we like to tell ourselves we’re never going to get involved with another guy that only complicates our lives even more, we always seem to catch ourselves falling back into our old ways. Maybe it’s best if we just stay in the “I’m over it phase,” but as the old saying goes, “Boys – Can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em.”

Courtesy: Giphy

Her Campus at Florida State University.