What do you get when you combine self-quarantine, a couch, your favorite snack and a TV/laptop? You get what the inside of many people’s homes across the world look like right now! While we do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 by staying at home, we can’t help but cling to our reliable friends – streaming platforms. Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Disney+ and all the rest seem to be our guiding light during these uncertain times. That’s why I’m here today to give you something to look forward to and let you know what shows, movies and documentaries are coming soon to a streaming platform near you!

Disney+

disney+ on an iphone
Photo by Kon Karampelas on Unsplash

Let’s start with the latest Disney+ additions. The new streaming platform has seen an increase in viewers during these quarantimes and has taken it upon themselves to release exclusive content on the site.

Artemis Fowl

This highly talked about sci-fi film was set to hit theaters this summer, but Disney decided to skip the cinemas all together and is releasing it on Disney+ June 12. It is based on a series of novels written by Eoin Colfer and will star fan favorites like Josh Gad, Judi Dench and Colin Farrell.

Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian

After Disney+ debuted the hit Star Wars series The Mandalorian, the world was left obsessed and awe (not only with Baby Yoda). Now, fans can take an exclusive look behind the scenes of the series and perhaps get their burning Baby Yoda questions answered. It’s set to release on Star Wars Day, May 4, on Disney+.

Netflix

Netflix computer screen
Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash

Netflix has seen an unprecedented increase in subscribers since the world was ordered to stay inside. The streaming giant released Netflix Party, a Chrome extension that allows users to host watch parties with their friends across the globe. Beyond just the wildly popular ‘Tiger King,’ Netflix is releasing a lot of original content that is sure to excite subscribers everywhere.

Dangerous Lies

Riverdale veteran Camila Mendes stars in this thrilling new Netflix original as a caretaker to a wealthy, elderly man who leaves all of his estates to her after his passing. The critics have been harsh on this movie, so it’s up to you to watch on April 30 and decide for yourself.

The Eddy

From the Academy Award-winning director that brought us La La Land and Whiplash, this new musical drama takes place in modern-day France. The show follows a formerly well-known jazz musician now running a struggling jazz club in Paris.  You can watch the show on May 8.

Space Force

Michael Scott is back! Well, sort of. Steve Carell has joined forces with Greg Daniels, writer and producer for the beloved sitcom The Office. Premiering May 29, this new series is meant to poke fun at President Trump’s recently created 6th branch of the military, the “Space Force.”

Hulu

Hulu logo
BagoGames

Good ‘ol reliable Hulu never fails to provide the comedy content we want to see. With classics like Broad City and Modern Family available to binge All. Day. Long., there are also a few originals that are sure to captivate your quarantine mind.

Little Fires Everywhere

Starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington, this Hulu original has already become a fan favorite since its release late last month. Based on the highly acclaimed novel by Celeste Ng, this TV adaptation is the perfect thriller-drama we could all use in our lives right now.

Listen to Your Heart

Now this one is not necessarily a Hulu original, but the latest Bachelor spin-off can be found here every Tuesday with a Hulu subscription. AKA one more reason to get yet another TV streaming service during quarantine! With rave reviews from early critics, it looks like this might be another successful Bachelor spin-off. Plus, who knows when we’ll get another season of Bachelor reality drama anytime soon.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.