Coming Soon: Colors of the Wind Music Festival

Music festivals: the perfect mixture of care-free style, sprawling outdoor venues, and exciting music. The epitome of cool, festivals such as Lollapalooza and Coachella are goal destinations for many Collegiettes. We just want an appropriate place to wear our flower crowns! However, these events cost a pretty penny; Coachella weekend passes start at $375, and a day pass to Lolla is $110! For a girl on a college budget, these prices are exorbitant. Maybe they’re so high because there are actual celebrities walking around…many would consider the ticket price well worth it to witness a barefoot, shorts-clad Adam Levine in the flesh, or the flawlessness of Kendall Jenner draped in a body chain.

But if you’re strapped for cash like many of us college girls, I’ll offer you a bit of advice. Catch the best and worst Coachella looks on Fashion Police, and spend a fraction of the price attending the Colors of the Wind Music Festival right in your backyard. That’s right – on Friday April 3rd, Tallahassee is hosting its very own music festival at the North Florida Fairgrounds. For just under $17, you can party sun down to sun up while pretending you’re rubbing elbows with Vanessa Hudgens.

From 7pm on April 3rd until 2am on April 4th, Colors of the Wind is hosting four headliners and nine supporting acts. Also in attendance will be fire throwers, LED light show engineers, and henna tattoo artists. Between sets, you can grab some grub from Tally’s best food trucks, and even catch a performance from the Sirens, a popular dance troupe.

Among the main headliners are Meaux Green and Big Makk, experienced DJs who have done collaborations with some of the music industry’s most talented. Both acts are promised to pump up the crowd, and deliver hours of music that you won’t want to stop dancing to. The event is put on by LiveMusic Nation, and is a stem of Ultra Music Fest. This festival is sure to be one of the best things to ever come to Tallahassee. 

If you are still uncertain if you want to attend, here are some reasons to help convince you.

1. Tickets are only $16.37 and you can snag an early bird one for $10. That’s less than $20, which many of us easily shell out for a meal at Panera. Why not put it towards a day of excitement?

2. It’s right in Tallahassee, so no traveling is required. You will probably never get another opportunity to go to a music festival this close to where you’re living, unless you move to Chicago and build a shack on the outskirts of Grant Park.

3. You get to dress up in fun clothes and hear awesome live music! This is the perfect opportunity to don a flower crown and some flash tats (don’t pretend that you haven’t been wanting to).

4. It’s the last hurrah of the semester! Finals are right around the corner and before you get swamped with papers and projects, take this opportunity to have a blast one last time with your friends. I promise you, you won’t regret it.

~Editor-in-Chief~ Senior Honors Student at FSU Major: Editing, Writing and Media Minor(s): Communications and Psychology Likes: The beach, green tea, Friends re-runs, chats with her mom and going for hikes Follow: Instagram @samswan and Twitter @swan_sam "In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
Her Campus at Florida State University.