freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Color for Valentine’s Day: 4 Ways to Wear Radiant Orchid

Valentine’s Day (a.k.a Single Awareness Day) is just around the corner, and a lot of you are probably asking yourself, “How can I make this Valentine’s Day better than last year’s?” And no, the answer is not to cure your single status! The answer is “Radiant Orchid!”

“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple, and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health,” says Pantone, a leading business in color communication, “It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”

Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to experiment with the pinky-purple color, which was named the color of 2014 by Pantone. Here are four ways to wear radiant orchid:

Nails

There are so many different nail polish colors that choosing one is often quite a process. Each color seems to have at least five different shades, but you can’t go wrong with a shade of radiant orchid. The one seen above is Violet Voltage from the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish line. Where: Target $2.49.

Bag

This Anne Klein tote is the perfect accessory for a neutral outfit. The radiant orchid just pops against other colors. You can find this tote on SALE at Macy’s for just $69.00! Radiant orchid jewelry is also a great idea for a pop of color. There are some awesome finds at www.etsy.com.

Lips

Bold, radiant lips! Brazen Berry is a new Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor. It is a fun form of radiant orchid. Everyone will want to be your Valentine! Where: Target $5.59. Also, if you don’t feel like being quite so bold, Bite Beauty’s Grape Matte Crème Lip Crayon is a muted shade of radiant orchid. You can find it at Sephora for $24.00.

Clothing

This radiant orchid a.n.a sweater is light-weight and so comfortable. It’s fabulous! Where: JcPenney $40.00. There are so many dresses out there this season with this color, too. Make sure you look for them!

Well…what do you think? I bet you are wondering why radiant orchid hasn’t been a part of your style before now! It is a beautiful, bold color that is not only fun for Valentine’s Day, but it is great for spring and summer, too.  Have a happy Valentine’s Day collegiettes!

Her Campus at Florida State University.