As we all know, our body is made up of 75% water. That is, unless it’s exam time, or just any Sunday night of any week when we decided to push off that ten page paper until the last minute because we have better things to do. In that case, we’re made up of about 75% coffee. In my search around Tallahassee, I have compiled a list of some of the best coffee shops for those late nights, or early mornings. 

Those of us who spend a lot of time in Strozier see that most days, the line at Starbucks is out and around the corner…but we still wait. It’s a simple sacrifice for the beloved coffee that keeps us alert and focused on long nights. Well the good news is your wait is over! The new Starbucks located off of Tennessee and Copeland is now open and ready to serve! This new building is conveniently located, but also serves as a quiet study space. With plenty of tables and chairs both inside and outside, you won’t be turned away. 

They say America Runs on Dunkin…well one thing is for sure: FSU students sure do! As the newest addition to the Tallahassee family, this Dunkin Donuts is located just behind The Luxe on Tennessee Street. It is a great place to grab ‘n go, or to sit and relax while listening to Dunkin’s own personal radio station. 

Picture from ordercounter.com

Atomic Coffee offers a relaxing environment that is great for studying, chatting lightly with friends, or just hanging out. With two locations just off campus, many students can be seen at all times of day. 

All Saints Café is one of the best spots in Tallahassee to find a chill environment mixed with some great coffee and food. Study, eat, or just chill. All Saints has it all.

The Black Dog Café is one of the favorite coffee shops in all of Tallahassee. Located just beside Lake Ella, it serves as a relaxing spot to grab a bite, chat with friends, or simply study. Its outside deck provides a beautiful view of Lake Ella. Oh, and one more thing…it has pumpkin spice flavored coffee ALL YEAR ROUND!

Emily Brooks is a Junior at The Florida State University. She is an English major with a focus in Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Communications. Born and raised in Pensacola, Florida, she has a deep-rooted love for slow-cooked Southern food. She has a passion for journalism and hopes to continue her career in the broadcast field as a TV reporter. Her ultimate goal is to become a part of the great team at ABC World News with Diane Sawyer. As a true 'Noles fan from the start, she bleeds garnet and gold and can be found at every sporting event. Along with writing, she also shares a passion for music. A strong love for the oldies has her convinced she was born a generation too late. In the Summer of 2014 her passion for writing continued abroad as she studied journalism in Valencia, Spain for one semester. You can find her travel blog here: http://emilybrooksfsu.blogspot.com.tr/
Her Campus at Florida State University.