Coffee Lovers Unite: RedEye Coffee Celebrates Grand Opening of New Tallahassee Location

Courtesy: RedEye Coffee

If you’re like the majority of college students, your world basically revolves around coffee intake. With several unique coffee shops around the city, Tallahassee has certainly heard the cry for a dang good cup of coffee. Many of said beloved coffee shops have expanded with more locations across the city; including one coffee shop that both Tallahassee natives and college students alike love to visit.

RedEye Coffee started as a small business in 2004 run by, according to their website, “Two guys bagging and selling coffee, like Girl Scouts sell cookies, giving 100% of the proceeds to missionaries and buying food for what has become Serve Tallahassee.” That’s right! You might not have known this, but RedEye serves coffee for a cause. All of their coffee and tea products are environmentally responsible and 100% of their after-tax profits go to local and global humanitarian efforts. RedEye Coffee has shown such a great commitment to serve not only our local community, but the global community, and they have made this promise to their customers from the very start by saying, “Every time you purchase a RedEye product, you are making the world a better place.”

Since their humble start in 2004, RedEye Coffee has opened two successful storefronts and a mobile café, with a third store on its way. To celebrate the opening of the second and newest store, RedEye is preparing to hold a Grand Opening celebration to yet again give back to the community that they love so much. The Grand Opening will occur on Wednesday, Sept. 21 at their newest location, which is located at 1196 Capital Circle NE. The drive might be a little out of the way for the FSU community, but it’s definitely worth the commute. Who knows? This new location could be where you go to escape the hustle and bustle that surrounds Florida State’s campus! The coffee shop always makes sure to play decent music with dimmed lighting, which makes it the perfect atmosphere for studying.

Courtesy: Facebook

The event will feature complimentary, ethically traded and organic hot and cold brewed coffee from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. RedEye Coffee will also offer half-price on specialty drinks such as espresso and nitro-brewed coffee. Throughout the day of celebration, the coffee shop will be having drawings for great prizes such as ethically traded journals from Haiti, official RedEye branded mugs, bags from Guatemala, growlers, travel mugs, gift cards and more!

Just so you don’t forget, RedEye has conveniently created a Facebook event so new and loyal patrons alike can remember to attend this exciting celebration! Whether it’s your first or 50th time visiting one of the RedEye Coffee locations, the new Capital Circle Grand Opening event is one not to be missed. So get out there, grab a cup of joe and give back to your local and global communities. Hope to see you there!

Samantha is an Editing, Writing and Media major. She loves a good cup of coffee, a ruby red lip, roadtripping, and being a downright goof. She dreams to travel the world someday and write about all her adventures. But for now, she just really hopes she can just keep balancing everything at once.
Her Campus at Florida State University.