Classy Cases by Grovemade and Carved

Grovemade:

Grove’s products can be defined by simple elegance. Based in Portland, Oregon, this company prides itself not only on the beauty of their craftsmanship, but also in the strides they take to be environmentally friendly. Their iPhone and iPad cases are made with all-natural woods like bamboo, walnut, and maple that are treated with natural oil and wax finish. Even the packaging for their purchases are made with conservation in mind. In fact, according to earthtechling.com, their packaging is made using the excess wood that is used to make their products. Grovemade doesn’t only sell cases, however; they also sell iPhone docks, Macbook and iPad backs and sleeves, iPhone bumbers (to protect the sides of your phone), leather notebooks, and watches. They even have products like mouse pads and monitor stands, so you can make your desk look super snazzy. Prices for their bumpers, backs, and cases range from $39 – $129, depending on the style of case and on the device type (the more expensive products being for the iPad). 

Photo credit for all above: http://grovemade.com/

Carved:

As the name of the company suggests, Carved’s specialty lies in their stunning, hand-carved cases and skins made of — you guessed it, 100% all-natural wood. As an added touch, the inside of each case is lined with suede in order to better protect your phone. They also pride themselves on the uniqueness of each case and skin; because they work with pure wood, yours is guaranteed to be completely unique and will react to changes in lighting. While they deal strictly with cases and skins, they have expanded their range to include beautiful products for the iPad Mini, iPhone (4/4s, 5/5s, and 5c), 5th generation iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy (S3, S4, and S5), and the Google Nexus 5. Not only do their cases and skins come in a variety of different woods, such as cedar, bamboo, cherry, walnut, padauk, and purpleheart, but you can also find many of your favorite designs regardless of what phone model you have. Can’t find a design that’s just right for your tastes? Don’t worry! You can customize your case or skin with the wood type you want, and an uploaded image or artwork you — or a friend — have created! Prices range from around $24 – $49 depending on the type of device you’re buying for. 

iPad Mini

Samsung Galaxy S5

iPhone 5/5S

iPod Touch 5

Photo credit for all above: http://www.carved.com/

I was born in Miami, Florida, and am attending college at FSU. I'm a Creative Writing major, Computer Science minor, and am a staff writer and editor for FSU's Her Campus chapter. Traveling, reading, writing, and having new experiences are some of my favorite things to do.
Her Campus at Florida State University.