Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide to come to FSU?

Justin Markovic (JM): I decided to come to FSU after meeting a few UF fans during high school in Naples, Florida. Enough said. I loved watching the football team and figured that it was a great school for students who get their studying done so they can party.

HC: What are you involved in on campus or in the community?

JM: I am currently a member of the best fraternity on campus: Phi Sigma Kappa. I have held a chair position for Dance Marathon for three years now and I am participating in the 2015 InNolevation Challenge. I am also a bartender at the Strip.

HC: How did you get involved with Greek Life and bartending?

JM: I came to FSU already hearing great things about a few fraternities on campus. After touring a few houses my decision was clear. I can look back with no regrets because there are too many great memories in the way. I wanted to be involved with Dance Marathon because of how many lives could be influenced by a collective effort. I also love dancing so it seemed like a perfect fit. I always wanted to be a bartender since I came to FSU because I saw how much fun they had on the job and the amount of money they would pull in each night. I always knew that I would be great at it because I felt like I would bring more entertainment behind the bar than Michael Bay shooting a Transformers film.

HC:  How would your friends describe you?

JM: My friends would probably describe me as very outgoing. I find it easy to become good friends with anyone quickly because it only takes me a minute to figure out how to make someone laugh. They would also say that I love to be a part of the event, whatever that may be. If I need to get the party started with a few dance moves, so be it.

HC: What do you do in your spare time?

JM: In my spare time I enjoy long walks down Tennessee Street, underwater basket weaving, and mornings drinking Chi Tea lattes watching reruns of The Golden Girls.

HC: What do you look for in a significant other?

JM: I hate to say it, but the first thing is appearance only because it is the first thing I see. Any girl can win me over with a Trident smile though. I love joking around so someone must be able to take a joke, but dish it back as well! I am a movie buff and if you can’t tell me what platform Harry Potter gets on to go to school we might as well end the conversation there.

HC: What are your plans after graduation?

JM: My plans after graduation are to move into my friend’s apartment in Manhattan and join him in the FBI’s private sector. I also hope to fulfill my dream of developing a tech start-up and see how far I can run with it. I’m a Chicago boy, but living rent free in New York is too hard to pass up.

Third year Editing/Writing/Media & International Affairs Major.FSU Campus Correspondent Reader, Runner, Coffee lover."Everyones life ends the same way. It is only the details of how one lived and how one died that distinguish one man from another." ~Hemingway 
Her Campus at Florida State University.