Christopher Waldeck: Your Inspiration for the Future

Name: Christopher Waldeck

Age: 23

Hometown: Wellington/West Palm Beach

Major/Minor: Media/Communication studies

Year: Graduate

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): Let’s get started with some fun questions! If you could talk to one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Christopher Waldeck (CW):  Steve Jobs. The man had a vision of where he wanted to go and he followed it. His leadership and management style created a truly dynamic product that was a game changer.

HC: What is your favorite meal?

CW: Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee and sausage and eggs for breakfast.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

CW: Everything that I’m passionate about. My free time is normally dedicated to the gym and making videos for my friend’s YouTube channel. I’m also working on app building, volunteer service, and possibly starting my own business. I’m currently designing and building my own course online that is going to be released for free so students can learn all about the resources on campus and life hacks for becoming a super beast at success. I also attend meetings by an excellent nonprofit in Tallahassee known as Tallahassee Strategy. It’s a great organization for meeting industry leaders and academic professionals in Tallahassee trying to bring great economic development to the area.

HC: Where do you see yourself in the future?

CW: I will hopefully have made my own innovation and then I can settle down and focus on investing in projects made by others that can change the world as well.

HC: Now onto the more academic questions. What are you currently involved in on campus?

CW: Currently I’m actively involved in Delta Epsilon Iota, a career honor society at FSU. I’m the social and career chair. I’m also writing articles for TurningpointUsa, RevelU online, and I’m finishing my Master’s Thesis here at the University.

HC: What made you get involved with Delta Epsilon Iota?

CW: The founding leader and president of the chapter was looking for people. By then I had some professional experience under my belt and I figured I could really help contribute to the group with my knowledge. It’s a great group of people to work with.

HC: What are your responsibilities as the social and career chair?

CW: I try to bring my knowledge of resources that are available on campus and show students new ways to use them. I show both school and real world resources so they can have a competitive edge in the job market.

HC: What is your favorite part about being in such a great organization?

CW: The opportunity to truly show students what they need to know for the real world and inspire them to try new things. I’m glad DEI gives me the chance to introduce students to new ways of learning and getting involved on campus.

HC: What do you want your Master’s Thesis to accomplish?

CW: I hope my thesis can aid in curriculum preparation for modern jobs and shrink the skills gap in America.

HC: How is life as a graduate? What are some helpful tips you can give to those currently panicking about graduating in the spring?

CW: Life as a graduate is very fulfilling. I’ve had about seven internships and I’m currently at my second professional job as an account executive at iHeartmedia. For anyone panicking in the spring, just remember that there are millions of people who have done the same thing and have often overcome it. However, now is the time to truly start planning for life and start planning a budget. It is time to start taking advantage of all student resources and special discounts in the private sector that are unavailable to non-students.

Miranda is a Senior at FSU pursuing a degree in Sports Management. Her interests mainly include sports, sports, and more sports although she was never the athlete (oops). Her love for sports balances out her girly ways. She can sit down and cheer on her favorite New York teams with just as much passion as buying a new top (on sale of course). She is absolutely obsessed with her puggle, scrolling Twitter, and sleeping in. She hopes to rule the sports world someday, own a baby elephant, live on the beach, and have a big family. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.