Christmas Gifts for Every Member of Your Family

Deciding on what Christmas (or other holiday) gifts to get can be a challenge, especially if you have a bigger family. Being in college, you don’t see your parents and siblings everyday anymore and might not know what they really want. Plus, there probably isn’t a ton of extra room in your suitcase for big, fancy gifts. Luckily, there are some gift options which just simply never get old and are perfect for any member of your family. If you’re undecided on what you should wrap up over winter break, keep reading to get some gift-spiration. 

Moms: Amazon Echo Wireless Speaker ($99 at Target)

Courtesy: Nathan Spendelow

If your mom is anything like mine, she loves to listen to music when she’s working around the house. She’s also incredibly busy and is basically a superhero. For days when she has a ton of things to do, the Amazon Echo speaker will be around to help. The Echo is great for moms because it has a ton of functions which can be accessed in a hurry, including things like reminders or timers. While your mom is running around getting things ready for the New Year, she’ll be able to yell to Alexa to remind her about everything she might forget. 

Dads: Grilling Accessories

Dads love to grill. However, normally when you approach your dad’s grill it’s probably accompanied by some blackened tools and a charred scraper. So, to prepare for the summer cookouts, do a solid for your dad this Christmas and get him a professional grilling accessories set. Not only will he love it, but your dinner will also end up tasting better. It’s a win – win! 

Siblings: FSU Sports Gear

Your siblings are probably super proud of you for getting into Florida State University, so why wouldn’t they want to rep their favorite Division 1 team? If you’re an out-of-state student like I am, people will always ask them about FSU when they wear their gear around town. When prompted, they’ll tell strangers all about how their favorite sibling goes to Florida State, and how much they love the ‘Noles! 

Courtesy: Alicia Devine

Family/Gag Gift: Charmin Forever Roll

This year for the holidays, your favorite toilet paper company has come out with a special gift for the whole family. The Charmin Forever Roll starter kit comes with three rolls which are meant to last up to one month each. In addition, the kit comes with a holder for the rolls since they don’t fit on a normal toilet paper holder. While this might seem like a joke gift, your family will probably really appreciate it in the long run. Even if they don’t, you’ll probably get a few laughs out of it. 

Hopefully this list has given you some inspiration when it comes to gifts that your family will actually like. Even if you still haven’t figured out what to give to your loved ones, you can never go wrong with socks. Seriously, it’s the thought that counts. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest!

I'm a senior at Florida State University studying Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Film Studies and Computer Science. I'm passionate about music, movies, and media!
Her Campus at Florida State University.