Christine Mucci: ESA President and Traveling Risk Taker

Name: Christine Mucci

Year: Junior

Major: Economics

Hometown: Coral Springs, FL

Age: 20

Her Campus (HC): So tell me a little bit about why you chose FSU as your university.

Christina Mucci (CM): Both of my parents and my older brother graduated from FSU. I like to say that being a Seminole is in my blood. Whenever I would come up for a game or to visit my brother, I knew it’s where I wanted to attend college.

HC: So has FSU lived up to its expectations for you?

CM: 100% yes! At first I didn’t feel quite at home because I didn’t have many friends up here, but over the years I have grown to love it. I would not want to go to any other school.

HC: Awesome! So, what exactly is Epsilon Sigma Alpha?

CM: ESA is a nationally recognized co-ed service fraternity. We participate in service events both on and off campus. We do things that range from serving at the Big Bend soup kitchen to raising money for Relay for Life. We also partake in IM sports and other social events throughout the year. We are a new and smaller organization but I have loved seeing it grow into what it is today.

HC: How has your time as president been?

CM: Well, I started my role as president this semester so it has taken some getting used to. I love every minute of it. My favorite part is seeing the freshmen meet and become friends. I have met the majority of my friends through ESA during the year when I was just a normal member, and love it when other people form friendships like I have.

HC: What are some of your presidential duties?

CM: As president I oversee all of the events that we put on and partake in. I am in charge of making sure everyone who has a position is doing their job and if they aren’t, I step in to make sure it gets done. Also, I am in charge of everything dealing with the school RSO-wise.  

HC: Do you have any tips for anyone who’s looking to take that extra step and achieve a leadership position in an organization they’re a part of?

CM: Don’t be afraid to take the next step. At first I was nervous to take on such a big role, but have loved it ever since!

HC: What is your career goal?

CM: My career goal is to own my own business. I don’t really have an idea as to what kind of business yet, but I want to run one.

HC: Has your role as president of ESA helped you figure out what you’d like to do in the future?

CM: I love being in charge of things. ESA has definitely helped me realize that!

HC: Is there anything special you would like to accomplish before you graduate?

CM: I just want to get everything out of this university that I can. I would love to do an internship with a big corporation. Also, as small as it sounds, I would love to be on the FSU football field during a game.

HC: I think you could make that happen! What habits do you have to keep yourself and your fraternity organized?

CM: I love to plan really far ahead so that things aren’t done last minute (even if that doesn’t always happen), I have a calendar with all the events for the semester, and I like to remain in contact with my exec board to make sure things are getting done when they need to be.

HC: Are there any activities planned for the future that you’re particularly excited for?

CM: I am very excited for our Share It night with Insomnia Cookies on November 16th and for the initiation ceremony where our new members will officially be a part of our organization.

HC: What is your Share It night event about?

CM: Basically, if anyone orders cookies from Insomnia Cookies on that date then a percentage of their proceeds go to our philanthropy, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

HC: I’m sure that’ll be a hit since everyone loves Insomnia Cookies. Do you guys work with the same philanthropy all year or how does that work?

CM: Yes we do! Whenever we raise money, it goes towards either St. Jude’s or Relay for Life.

HC: I love that! So apart from schoolwork and running ESA, what are some of your hobbies?

CM: I love the outdoors. I love hiking around Tallahassee and wherever I travel with my family. I love taking risks. I have been skydiving and parasailing. I also love playing sports for fun. I’m not very good at most sports, but just like playing them because I love the feeling of staying active.

HC: What’s your favorite hiking spot in Tallahassee?

CM: Probably Tom Brown Park.

HC: One more question just for fun. If you could be any character in any movie or TV show, who would you be?

CM: Leslie Knope!

Hi! I 'm Sara. You can find me roaming the streets of Tallahassee, Florida, in hopes of finding some cool people, places, and things to write about. Originally from Coral Springs, Florida, I've ventured 8 hours away from home to study Public Relations and Creative Writing at Florida State University. I like creativity, dance parties, writing, traveling, reading, and having a good time, all the time. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.