Check Out These Spring 2018 Makeup Trends

Year-to-year, makeup techniques get more creative and new beauty trends hit the runway, constantly changing every season. We may only have a limited amount of time before summer comes around, but spring is bringing in trends we never thought would make a comeback. Spring 2018 is reviving old habits and making this season’s makeup all about edge and sophistication. Below are some makeup trends to add a little spice to your routine.

1. Bright Hues

Bright colors are very tricky and definitely take courage to try. However, when used for the right occasion, bright hues blend and create a bold gradient look. There are also many different tactics to try, so if you aren’t a fan of color on your eyelids, you may want to try blending out a subtler hue on your lower lash line or into your inner corner. It’s important to find what technique suits you best so don’t hesitate to try new looks. This spring is all about color, and what better way to take advantage than to make your eye color pop?

Courtesy: Tatiana Official

2. Glossy Eyelids

Makeup artist James Kaliardos stated, “Glossy skin & eyes is the next generation of highlight.” This look is so effortless, you’ll fall in love. And the best part is, it doesn’t require a lot of blending, so it’s a simpler look to achieve even if you aren’t the best at doing eye makeup. The finish is dewy and almost wet but it leaves an amazing finish that won’t disappoint.

Courtesy: Beauty Finals 

3. Longer Lashes 

Although long lashes have always been desired, this spring it’s safe to say long, extravagant lashes will dominate the eye game. As Pinterest tracked its searches, they found an increase in lash looks. So, it’s up to you to pick your poison this spring. Will it be falsies or mascara?

Courtesy: Top Inspired

4. Art-Deco Cat Eyes

The reality is the cat eye trend never disappeared, it just took different shapes and forms. This spring, models such as Bella Hadid were seen walking down the runway with precise sharp wings. A satin, laid-back top eyeliner look may have been popular in spring 2017, but this year it’s all about a matte black sharp angle.

Courtesy: Instagram

Her Campus at Florida State University.