Ceci McMillan Wants You to Shut Up and Dance With Her

Name: Ceci McMillan 

Hometown: Jacksonville (or as Ceci calls it – Jacksonchill), Florida

Year: Junior

Age: 20

Major: Social Work

Relationship Status: Currently making awkward eye contact with a guy who bikes past her every other morning.

Her Campus (HC): Let’s start simple. Why did you decide to attend FSU?

Ceci McMillan (CM): Faith, trust and pixie dust.

HC: Understandable. Next: how do you start your mornings?

CM: Wake up. Drank… water that is. I wake up at six o’clock every morning and I mooch a ride from friends to Cross Country practice.  

HC: What made you decide to run Cross Country?

CM: I decided to join the Cross Country team because I love running. I feel more alive when I run than when I do anything else. I am so honored to be part of a team that represents my college all while doing something I love so much. 

HC: Besides running Cross Country, what other activities do you participate in?

CM: I am in the Chi Omega sorority, I am on the core team for Dance Marathon and I am a member of the Catholic Student Union. I also work at the Jennie-Reynolds-Bryan front desk. Lastly, I am a live-in agitator to my two beautiful roommates, Amanda Squared.

HC: What do you mean by Amanda Squared?

CM: Well… one is named Amanda. And the other is named Amanda. Amanda Squared.

Ceci (right) with one half of the Amanda Squared (left).

HC: What does it mean to be a core member of Dance Marathon?

CM: Core members of Dance Marathon are assistants to the executive board. Within this core, we are each given a specific job in making miracles happen. But as a whole, we help ensure that Dance Marathon is the best that it can be – and that the whole is a FTK year!

HC: What is your specific job within the core members of Dance Marathon?

CM: I am the experience assistant. I assist in bonding each Dance Marathon team together and help them form a cohesive family. I ensure that these teams are able to communicate with each other freely.

HC: What made you decide to be a core member of Dance Marathon?

CM:  College students are not generally known to give their time to specific events. But, for Dance Marathon, this statement goes right out the door. Students dedicate their own lives and free time to making life better for the upcoming generation. The entire FSU campus comes together as one to support this generation behind us – as a whole, we reach down and pull these kids up to help them realize all that they can, and will, achieve. And we do all this while having a great time. I encourage everyone to participate in Dance Marathon, FTK!

HC: What is your greatest accomplishment?

CM: My greatest accomplishment would have to be my creation of lunch in a cup.

HC: What’s the biggest challenge you have ever faced at FSU?

CM: The Suwannee hill.

HC: Describe your dream boy.

CM: Refer back to my relationship status. Bike guy, if you are out there… HMU.

HC: People describe you as the life of the party. Would you agree with this?

CM: I prefer to be the bass drop of the party.

HC: Lastly, what’s your favorite quote?

CM: “Has the bass dropped yet?”

Senior at the beautiful Florida State University. Creative writing major, entrepreneurship minor. Health enthusiast. Rap music aficionado. Find me (on my cheat days) at Yogurt Mountain rapping Migos.
Her Campus at Florida State University.