Ranking the Best of Tallahassee’s Restaurants

When I first got to FSU, I made it a mission to try every popular restaurant in Tallahassee. While I haven’t managed to get to them all yet, I feel qualified to rank at least some of the most notable ones out there. Here is a ranking of 5 of the most popular restaurants: 

5. Madison Social

Madison Social is probably my least favorite because of how limited the menu is. I couldn’t find much that I would personally want to eat and what I did get I was not the biggest fan of. This place is definitely not for picky food eaters who just want to order chicken tenders and fries. I love the restaurant itself, however. The weekly trivia they have every Tuesday and the eclectic environment make this a very fun restaurant to hang out in. I see why this place is popular for friends and big social groups. Overall, just because I couldn’t find something for myself doesn’t mean you won’t find something, and the restaurant alone is worth checking out.

4. Bella Bella

I had a similar menu issue with Bella Bella as I did with Madison Social but this time, I did like the food I ordered. I am a big pasta lover, and this is definitely the place to go for all things pasta. Not only that, but their French onion soup is also probably the best I have ever had in my life. I am a big proponent of restaurants with good soup, and they knocked it out of the park. Although the restaurant is unassuming on the outside, it is cozy and well-decorated on the inside. It is pricier, so I suggest it for a date night with your friends or a partner. 

3. The Edison

This is the ultimate date night restaurant in Tallahassee in my opinion. Not only is it right outside Cascades Park where you can enjoy a romantic walk, but the restaurant itself is so beautiful. Inspired by Thomas Edison and his lightbulb invention, the place is bright and vibrant. The menu is vast so no doubt you will find something you like. I enjoyed everything I ordered, especially the buffalo chicken fries. Overall, a very memorable eating experience that is worth repeating.

2. Midtown Caboose

Midtown Caboose is a must-go-to restaurant. I love going here for a casual night out with friends or just for plain good quality food. The menu, however, is the best thing about this place for sure. While some may call it overwhelming, I am thrilled with how many items they offer and all the creative liberties they take with some of their food. You will think some combinations are crazy and too outlandish to work, but somehow, they do. Every time I go here, I get something different and I don’t think I will ever run out of options. 10/10 dining experience.

1. Little Masa

I will never get tired of this restaurant. If you are a fan of Asian food, this is the most accessible and delicious place to go to. I’ve had their sushi, their bowls and miso soup, and all of it is just so incredible. The bowls are definitely my favorite thing off the menu and great for leftovers as well. I go all the time because the restaurant is 10 minutes off FSU’s campus and an inviting place to just hang out and eat. The food is definitely my favorite out of everything on this list and there is nothing on this menu I would not recommend. 

I highly recommend that all FSU students check out every place on this list. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

A first year majoring in Editing, Writing and Media. Lover of books and all things Taylor Swift :)