Life > Experiences

“Proof” FSU Is a Party School: Proof at FSU

Just two blocks from the central part of campus, you’ll find Collegetown, a beloved and popular area of Tallahassee, housing some of Florida State’s students’ favorite choices for a destresser during the semester: Madison Social, Township and more. However, going into 2023, students don’t even have to walk off campus to get this experience, thanks to the addition of Proof at FSU, a restaurant that serves local beer from the company Proof Brewing Co. and pub food.

Proof, located on the lowest level of the FSU Student Union next to Club Downunder, is perfect for football and sports game days where you can take advantage of the many flat-screen TVs while enjoying good food with friends. Although you must be 21 or older to order alcoholic beverages, patrons of all ages are invited to order food and regular drinks from 11 a.m. to 9 or 10 p.m. weekly. There is a bar and regular seating.

The restaurant offers pub stables you don’t want to miss, such as the 18-hour brined chicken wings and juicy burgers, tasty dishes like grouper tacos and gourmet meatballs, loaded fries and many dessert options. Their drink menu is just as unique: local beer on draft, classic cocktails, tasty mocktails and many more of Proof’s creative creations.

FSU students love Proof, but who’s to say the professors don’t love it just as much? Sierra Peters, a professor/teaching assistant at FSU, captioned a post of one of the restaurant’s drinks with: “Con: teaching all the way across campus this semester. Pro: teaching right across from the new @proofatfsu 🤤🍻Happy First Day of Spring Semester, Everyone!” Faculty and staff are enjoying the new addition to the Union, which makes Proof an inclusive environment where everyone is welcomed, whether to grab dinner after a club meeting or a happy hour with colleagues.

Even the “Bike Guy” (formally an employee/owner of the company CC PedicabsLLC), who FSU students can see pedaling around campus and downtown to cart consumers around Tallahassee, is loving Proof at FSU. The photo of him with another man posted on Twitter is captioned with “@Proofatfsu is open! Catch us for a ride to and from there!” If you’re running late for a class after enjoying a luxury meal at Proof, Pedicabs will take care of you.

That being said, the addition of Proof at FSU has introduced a rustic pub atmosphere where students and staff alike can gather at the Union for a relaxing meal with locally crafted beer that supports small businesses. The restaurant is interested in hiring college students, an ideal location to work, allowing you to save before graduation. Recently, Proof has also broadcasted NFL games, college playoff games and of course FSU Basketball, with the season currently underway. Hopefully, they hold longer hours for the upcoming Super Bowl LVII championship game. That day would definitely be packed… See you there!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Mia Rampersad is a sophomore at FSU studying Creative Writing. She enjoys reading, exercising, and fashion.